-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Whats your budget? There have been cars coming up on here and spotted on ebay from £4.5k upwards? Whats holding you back?
-
Us London guys left I think was it Thursday morning 5am got up to Edinburgh for around 5pm then spent Fri-Mon touring around. Honestly, you wont find a better driving location in the UK, well worth the visit.
-
That is just a bit WOW dream car right there
-
Yes Chirag I and a load of others did the NC500 run in May this year...great 5 days and great scenery!
-
Moved house - 15 miles - insurers want an extra £2000 HELP!!
coldel replied to Mikevv's topic in Forum Discounts
I moved one street away and saw a marginal increase on my insurance of about £50 - it seems nuts as actually the road is a cul-de-sac instead of a busy through road so the car is theoretically safer but hey thats the numbers game for you - that said to go up x3 seems ridiculous, the only thing I can think of was that your original insurance was far too low for whatever reason? -
Some interesting articles on warm up and down procedures and why its not always a good idea in cold weather. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a30249/why-you-shouldnt-warm-up-your-car/ http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a19086/warming-up-your-car-in-the-cold-just-harms-engine/
-
Absolutely, and that's why they are so much more expensive, the G1W is great though for sticking in the window without breaking the bank and still having some level of cover until you decide to treat yourself to something more snazzy.
-
ET is in there?
-
The G1W is 1080p running at 30 f/s and cost me £20. Picture quality is excellent, it clearly is a bigger unit than more expensive options, sound quality is pretty dire but the picture quality is absolutely spot on you can read number plates at distance etc. But really bang for buck if you don't have £200+ to throw at a camera right now I can give a big thumbs up for one of these (make sure you get the original ones not copies) if you want to at least get something in the window of the car in case the worst happens.
-
My god, I have no idea what any of this is! I am so out of date. Have a Samsung TV from 2007 I bought when in France with an Apple TV box and thought I was up to date
-
Unfortunately you have to blame the paying public as much as anyone, if they keep going, the businesses will keep supplying.
-
Great write up Bri, glad to see the old Toyota made it into a few photos from Scotland! Getting the front re-done next year as still have the battle scars, although no where near as bad as Chirags with his polka-dot+pigeon ensemble Good car you got going on there though mate. Yes Sai was a properly funny guy, must have taken 5000+ photos as well, although still haven't seen them, didn't leave the lens cap on all week did he
-
To add, would the circular part at the base come into contact with the interior plastics before the handbrake is fully down?
-
Exactly this, like anything in the car world bought brand new the second its used it loses value - the second you drive a new car out the forecourt onto the road you are x% down. Same goes for mods on cars as well, you never recover the full value.
-
As JP said, probably enough FI Zeds out there now for you to buy and save a % on the installation and set up costs. Personally, I went from a Zed, to an NA VX220, to an R33 Skyline and now in a Celica GT-Four. Like you I do find the boost kick very addictive, when I find myself on a quiet road with a bit of room, I spool it up and childishly open it up and get a great big kick up the backside with all the noises which is great fun. Other people though prefer the lazy torque grunt of the V6 in the Zed. It really is what floats your boat, and it sounds like you are in the turbo camp and nothing wrong with that. I actually can't see me selling the Celica for some time...it ticks so many boxes.
-
I bought one of these and they are a great bit of kit for the money, when looking at reviews for sub £50 these won the tests hands down. Although they are Chinese imports, there are copies of these that are not anywhere as good marketed as G1Ws. So make sure the one you get: Records in .mov not .avi Not missing the HDMI port
-
Which in turn means the damage is already done?
-
Every link prompts a malicious link warning
coldel replied to Toon Chris's topic in Site Suggestions & Feedback
It should have been sorted, can you make sure to clear your cache and history, if you have old files stored it might bring up these pop ups. If once you have done that and still get the pop ups can you let us know. Cheers. -
Exactly this. So many reports on the forum of 'light is on therefore its doom' why the hell would a manufacturer put in a system whereby they kindly let you know there is a problem, just after the problem causes potentially catastrophic damage. The mind boggles.
-
Why has my signature photo disappeared ?
coldel replied to ATTAK Z's topic in Forum IT Issues & Bug Reporting
Noticed a few images are missing from threads at the moment, could be the host server (ie Photobucket) experiencing problems -
Which is why there is a rating system, generally you can gauge a company based on this - of course its not full proof but its much more reliable to buy from a company with 20,000 sales and 100% positive reviews than off some chap on gumtree.
-
Some very iffy graphics on that review page - certainly make the tyre look like it is night and day between braking distances when in fact it is just a couple of %
-
I don't think its a case of if it works or not, more that there are some very dubious claims. Cataclean for instance claims 60% less soot on its marketing without actually having anything other than some customer comments to prove it - which is quite frankly, illegal.
-
For fun when I used to live in Paris, I jumped a train to Cognac and cycled back to Paris on my own, my learning's were: Don't cycle long distances on your own with no support, its a stupid and dangerous thing to do Hardly any mobile signal outside the main cities On Sunday's there is nothing open outside the main cities, I had to knock on peoples doors to replenish water It is hilly in France (as above) It's stunningly beautiful in rural France The roads are amazing I saw farmers with shotguns in Cognac as I mistakenly (I think) cycled where I shouldn't have