And so it begins again.....
Picked this little baby up last week. I didn't really need it and am not looking forward to the inevitable "hairdresser" jokes, but it popped up on an alert I had setup and was too much of a bargain to turn down! Unlike the black one, this one doesn't really need much doing as it came with FSH, new MOT, brand new exhaust, new suspension bushes, 4 previous owners, bodywork pretty much mint with perfect panel gaps all around. New Uniroyal tyres, new DAB radio, new brake discs/pads and it looks like the wheels were refurbed not so long ago. It drives really well! Its also a mid 2006 model so its the facelifted R53. There's a few bits different to the earlier models, they came with a teflon coated super charger and a pop & bang map as standard which gave it a bit more power. Certainly a bargain for £1500!
So what needs doing? Well it was sat under a tree so its covered in tree sap so I need to give it a good detailing. The reversing sensors dont work, it hasnt had its supercharger service yet and the hood has a couple of small patches so I need to see if there's a better way of repairing that. Like the black one it has the horrible 2 spoke steering wheel so I will upgrade that to the newer 3 spoke one. I did consider taking all the mods off the black one and putting on it, but its in such good condition I think I will keep it stock and just have fun throughout the summer in it. (when im not cutting hair!)