-
Posts
4,960 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by rabbitstew
-
Welcome!
-
The postcode statistics thing really annoys me. When I moved from living on a busy main road (where an accident happened nearly every other day) in a city to living in a quiet town down a very quiet cul-de-sac full of retirement bungalows & curtain twitching Miss Marple types who are at home all day, I expected my insurance to drop or at least stay the same as it`s a very low crime area. However, my insurance increased by about 15->20%. It seems that they must only take the first 2 characters of your postcode which may include towns some 10->20miles away which may have a high claim rate, rather than actually take your immediate area into account. As always the insurance companies look for ways to increase the premium and dont bother with taking things into account which might reduce it.
-
Spotted heading west on A14 @ Godmanchester today at around 3pm. Grey or silver pre-facelift 350z, **55 JRV
-
Wouldnt bother declaring it.
-
Depending on your reasons for moving to sky dont forget virgin will usually bend over backwards to keep you. I get 3 letters a week through the post from them currently begging me to move back to them as im currently with Sky. In the past Virgin have given me the full package for half price for 12 months, plus free internet. Sky does the same if you threaten to leave. So it might be worth your while staying with Virgin if they offer a good enough deal.
-
"A £30k car can never be made as good as a £100k one"
rabbitstew replied to wizard's topic in 350Z General
For me its a case of not trying to make a 30k car as "good" as 100k one, but making it "different" from the run of the mill norm and personalising it to my own taste. -
Spotted last night about 6.30pm, heading out of St Neots on the A428. Blue coupe, **04 KLZ
-
Excellent!
-
Oil change is really easy on the zed. The biggest and most time consuming part of it was removing the plastic under tray. There was something like 18 bolts holding it on, some of which were all rusty. The oil filter was on the drivers side of the engine near the bottom on my HR model so nice & easy to get to. You will be amazed at how small the oil filter is. It was one of the smallest ive ever seen. Nissan actually use the same filter on nearly all their models, so its the same one as the Nissan Micra & Nissan 4x4`s etc.
-
Took me about 12 months to get used to saying that, along with "Yes dear you are right".
-
Zed time nearly over, what is she worth guys?....
rabbitstew replied to Karlp's topic in 350Z General
They arnt?!! -
I did exactly this. I do 90 miles a day, so sold my zed and went for a BMW 123d coupe. 0-60 in 6 seconds, RWD and 50mpg. I actually find mine handles better than my 313 zed did. Sure, not as much fun and a whisker slower on the 0-60 but its a cracking car. Its nice, relaxing, luxurious, comfortable drive for my daily commute, but when I want some fun, it give me a big smile. It also is surprisingly quick. I did consider this and actually used my wifes old 307HDI for a while, but the insurance was the killer. Even multi-car policys only let me use the NCB on one car at a time, so even though i had 20 years NCB on the zed, They gave me none on the 2nd car, resulting in a huge insurance premium. Then when I factored in the monthly running costs - tax, servicing, mot etc... it all just added up. So, selling both the shed & zed and running one car worked out the cheapest option. Certainly something the OP can consider tho!
-
Zed time nearly over, what is she worth guys?....
rabbitstew replied to Karlp's topic in 350Z General
It is straight forward selling some cars, but a few reasons people sell to a dealer instead of private: a) The person cant afford to buy a new car until they have sold their own one and cant wait until theirs is sold. b ) Depending on the car its not always an easy sale and you can end up lumbered with it for months. c) Something is wrong with the car and the owner just wants to off-load it without ripping off a member of the public. d) With certain (usually more expensive) cars the public prefer to buy from dealers to get some sort of warranty or re-assurance. I normally sell my cars privately, but with my zed I part ex`d it at a dealer to get rid of it. Not because there was anything wrong with it, but from seeing similar cars for sale I knew it might not be an easy sale. I was proved right really as another member on here had a virtually identical car which he spent 8 months trying to sell, even reducing his price to well below what it should have been. Sure I could have probably hung on and eventually sold privately, but with the car depreciating by about £500 a month, needing a P3 service, and additional cost of insuring it as a 2nd car if I kept it, the 2 grand less than id have got privately, which the dealer offered me, for it seemed quite reasonable. -
Good luck! I got married this time last year and also was a 2pm wedding. I remember it was a proper rainy day and luckily the rain held off for the photos but that was about it. Totally different weather this year though! One thing I will say is enjoy the day as much as possible as it literally flys by. And I mean flys, its a totally different experience to when you go to other peoples weddings!. I didnt actually enjoy my day at all much as you end up rushing about and dont get time to socalise much with guests. One minute your saying your vows, next photographs for a couple of hours, then meal, then speaches... it just flys. Oh, and once you are married, thats it as far as bedroom activities go. Its all down hill from there. Have fun!
-
Nasty. Id be livid. No CCTV there?
-
Zed time nearly over, what is she worth guys?....
rabbitstew replied to Karlp's topic in 350Z General
Trade will be about 30% less than what they would sell it on their forecourt from my experience. The free valuation guide on the what car website was spot on when i sold my 2007 313 Roadster last year. -
When I got a quote to insure a lambo, it came back as half the price it cost me to insure my zed! As others have said, no way on earth would someone fork out 8 grand on insurance unless they are mad. For that price you could probably afford to use taxi`s every day instead!
-
I fail to see how they can enforce this. If you go on any motorway you will see millions of people hogging lanes, tailgating or doing over 70mph. The police just wouldnt be able to handle all the paper work if they nicked everyone who did this.
-
Id have a look on the sat nav forums with regards to the update. I know they definitely did an update for the dvd version, as I got one for my 2007 OEM sat nav, but like someone else said, they may not have bothered doing an update for the CD version. In all fairness your better off just sticking your phone ontop of the sat nav screen and using google navigation or waze for sat nav.
-
Surely those seats will reduce side visability?!
-
Welcome!
-
Cos they are cheaper! My mate sold his Astra Convertible to a French guy last year. Bloke flew over, paid cash & drove it back. Saved a good few thousand quid on the price they apparently cost in France.
-
Ah, this was a good few years back now, so I think im safe!
-
Hmmmm.. i didnt know that. I wrote off a motorbike once after it bounced off a crash barrier and destroyed some fencing. I was fine, and noone else involved so left the scene to get a car & trailer to trailer the bike home. I didnt report it to anyone. Whilst I was off getting a trailer, the Police found the smashed up bike on the grass verge, traced me via the bikes reg number and after spending quite a bit of time contacting local hospitals to see if any injured bikers had turned up, they popped around my house to visit me - by which time id already cleared the bike from the scene. The police werent concerned at all about the incident or me not reporting it, as noone else was involved - they were just amazed I wasnt injured. However they did say the council might want me to pay for the damage to crash barrier & fence. But, I never did actually ever heard anything more from the council and so never paid for any of the repairs at all.
-
Wow, the size of that rear wing on that car im surprised the car didnt fly off and into space. On a serious side though, my vote is to just either scrap the car or sell it on yourself as it is. As others have said if you go through the insurance you`ll never be able to afford even a fiat 500 again in the future. If the car was worth more undamaged, then id re-consider, but as it is, when you weigh up the cost of what you`d get for scrapping it and selling the bits off, compared to the increase in insurance if you had them repair it then its a no brainer. My missus ran into the back of someone in her 206 Gti a few years back and the insurance went up by so much she was unable to insure the car again and so had to sell it and buy a family diesel car - and even that cost more to insure than her 206 Gti cost the previous year.