Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. Don't tell him that! His head will be swollen for weeks!!
  2. Dixon at DMS has had loads of Zeds through, and his team knows the car well. Abbey motorsport is run by a bloke who is an ex nissan mechanic who i think spcialised in Nissan performance models, also does the re maps and knows the cars well. TGM i don't know but have heard from jerry that they are good. Never heard Mark or Tony refered to a bloke who used to be a Nissan mechanic lol
  3. BBK of course. Don't you know nuffin!
  4. That's rich coming from you mate :wink: What you trying to say!!! ummm latest Panasonic Blueray surround sound looks good in my front room!! Especially coupled up to the new Yamaha Sound bar!!
  5. Believe it or not there are only 3 wires in that. get a usb lead and chop the end off and feed it into the machine and solder on:) Boys and toys:)
  6. I don't know. You boys and your toys!!!
  7. I did not rush into anything as had already decided what I was going to do 2 years prior. The money was available and I did what I wanted to do, Anyway this is my build thread so can we get back on track please as my personal finances are not for public debait! Anyone who is serious about having this done and has the finances in place to commit to such a big project but wants to "Try before you buy" I am happy to meet you at Abbey and let Mark take you out.
  8. :smile:
  9. yes mine!!!
  10. I agree, I went exhaust remap 1st and S/C not long after. Gives a bit of breathing space, but as soon as you have the remap and feel the extra it triggers the need for speed lol. Would I do it all again? You bet I would, and there have been times when the moths have left my wallet through starvation. I honestly believe that if I had got a car that couldn't be played with i would have died of bordom. Nothing better than a midnight coffee waiting for the online bank balance to chuck up its tally for the next day. I am already juggling for the Syvecs 8. Just need to find that dam Goose and it's golden egg! :smile:
  11. The only short cut is cutting down on labour by DIY where ever is humanly possible. if your not confident leave it alone. I was horrified when Smurf and I added up what I had spent on this car including the purchase price since I had it last August. I could get a late GTR with ease. Some on here have spent a lot more. Why do we do it? because we can, and its a simple as that! :smile:
  12. Very skilled as well by the looks of it:)
  13. It's true, honest govenor!
  14. I had a pathfinder Adventure and loved every minuet of it. I put a plug and play tuning box on it which cost £80 and got another 27bhp. Average fuel on a run is the same as a Zed but much better in town so 27 all in With the tuning box it was 30. The OEM tyres are pretty crap being Bridgstone twin dueler so ditch them for General Grabbers which has the same tred pattern as BF Goodrich only cheaper. They hold there price and i actually sold it for more than I paid. Sometimes i wish i still had it rather than the Zed as its offroad capabilities = and surpassed my Land Rover. 4x4 is engaged by a dash board dial and this can be done whilst on the move! What more can I say! Oh I have a rear offside light cluster for sale if you get it lol. :smile:
  15. Christ its been ages since I went on a Safari. We could call it a Xmas outing:)
  16. We are all doomed!!!
  17. Keep it as a spare. never throw anything away:)
  18. I have but I have seen a lip like that on a 350 OEM bumper. Mine isn't anymore! :smile:
  19. That looks like the same diffuser Steve Redline sold me. Those lips would be on my car if it still wore the bumper!
  20. Don't you ever sleep Dave? I thought the uppers were in my meds cab!!
  21. Abbey Sheets I think I may have deleted the last Abbey run which was 464.0bhp Anyway today I went to Horsham Developments and thanks Jezz. There has been no modifications added since the Abbey run!!! A big thankyou to Jezz for finally getting my car sorted out. What a pig it was to drive and now its a WOW machine. It has never run smooth since I had the supercharger fitted. The revs were up and down all over the place and were adjusted a few times. And it was detonating which was quite noticable to the trained ear. And to be honest I was just sick and tired of walking on eggshells when ever I wanted stuff to be done. Thats why I took it to Horsham. So Jezz wrote a new map and sorted it all out. He took some of the boost from the bottom end and put it on the top, I thing he may have reduced the power by about 10-15 bhp for safety sake. The car runs like an absolute dream and is a joy to drive. I will always use Jezz from now on and can recommend him to anyone. £350plus vat for the map and saved my engine. These are the 2 dyno plots I got from him and I have not got a clue but who cares. I finally have the car I always dreamed of and although I could kick myself for spending over £50k on the build I forget all about it when I go for a drive. Thanks Jezz and i know a few of the guys were waiting on this before coming to see you.
  22. Send Smurf out as he looks like santa's blue brother!
  23. Yes Kev. The Milltek was put on as part of the tuning process with the decats. Mark has Exhaust maps and sent them over to compare. The tuning ability of the noisy one i put on is 10bph approx less than the Milly. I have also been reliably informed that the one I have one is not recommended for Turbo cars. So if thats the same for the GTM I will have to get another Milly or a fruity one the same speck. Even have one made. Peter
  24. That would look awsome with a Burn Orange Zed at the waters edge. Blue should be under the waves:)
  25. Take a pause for breath as it may be that it will be cheaper to trailer it to one of the guys on here in the end! Just a thought.
×
×
  • Create New...