-
Posts
5,933 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by JetSet
-
Between 2.5 and 3k, even using just 3k you'll out accelerate most things. On the Wales run I was using 4.5k and rarely getting above 4th gear but at the end of the weekend my overall long term economy had actually gone up 0.1 mpg (according to the computer) Pete
-
P1 and MOT time - any Wirral/Chester recommendations?
JetSet replied to EvansJD2112's topic in Servicing
Missed this thread. I go to Serviceyourcar in Buckley. Decent and honest owner, £25 for your MOT and £80 for a service. Pete -
I'm surprised that nobody has pointed out that blue neon underlights are illegal (as are red ones). These are reserved for emergency vehicles and you will at some stage attract the attention of the police. Any other colour should be O.K though if you like that sort of thing. I should point out that it isn't illegal to fit red or blue neons but they can't legally be used on U.K roads.... Pete
-
When looking back at old cars owned makes you teary eyed (what's yours)
JetSet replied to Sempiternal's topic in Other Cars
My only real regret is that I never took any photographs of a few of them. My first 2 cars and The Triumph GT 6 that I had for well over 2 years. Only have 2 photos of my Lotus Europa as well. Pete -
I'm doing this...... http://www.cheshirefalconry.com/meet-the-birds Pete
-
I believe that the handbook states 5 degrees centigrade but in reality it's higher than that, say 8-10 degrees. Pete
-
Yes, the only overseas GP I attended was Monaco way back in 1975 and it rained, really livened the race up. I remember watching the 1972 GP which was one of only two televised races in those days and it belted down with rain, they probably wouldn't have raced today. There have been only a couple of wet races since then I think. Pete
-
340bhp GT4 with Factory Racing Economy Manual Gearbox
JetSet replied to 14N's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
He probably won't have anything on a one owner car unless they're a member here. Pete -
340bhp GT4 with Factory Racing Economy Manual Gearbox
JetSet replied to 14N's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
Hmm, smells Fishy, there should be a record of this car but there isn't, even if it's been written off there should be an entry. Only possible legit explanation is that its been on a private plate and the new plate hasn't gone onto the database yet (unlikely though) Pete -
Very nice Chris...needs some spacers though . Pete
-
Genuine Revo badge is nothing like that, I'm guessing a home made effort (fail) Pete
-
Twilight Grey Coupe parked a few spaces away from me around 1:30 today. Private plate starting D 7 (or N 7, forget which ) Pete
-
Don't like the idea of manipulating the points in that way, a very bad idea IMHO. Could you imagine the premier league accepting a proposal like that? Pete
-
Indeed, if you work on a 25% devaluation for CAT C/D that still works out at around £4,200 or so. Pete
-
I play a game called Trackmania United Forever on my PC. This game has a cult following and was never sold in The U.K as the company supposed to distribute the game went bust just as it was released in 2008. Has about 250k worldwide users, the Freeware version which comes with 60+ tracks has over 13 million last time I looked. Highly addictive, with online play, solo time attack, skill points, rankings (both worlwide and country) a track designer, medals and its own currency system. You'll be lucky to find it even on EBay these days but it can be downloaded for £20. Other than that I play OpenTTD which is an updated freeware transport game based on Transport Tycoon by Chris Sawyer which came out in the 90's. Pete
-
Lethal storm and tidal surge sees thousands out of homes
JetSet replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Some serious flooding at Rhyl and I'm hearing of further floods around Deeside. Nothing up here (I'm at 350 feet/110 metres) but by jove it was windy earlier today. Pete -
I've never seen the light go off and once the DTE starts reading ---- then it stays there while the car is in motion, however if you drive slowly for a few miles, stop the car and turn the engine off then on restarting the light will often stay off (for a couple of miles) and the DTE can register a few miles left, I've seen as many as 15 miles. I've also seen mine drop from 22 to ---- within a mile on a shallow hill at 50 mph. Pete
-
I will have had mine for 7 years in February and with only 17,500 on the clock it should give me many more years service yet . Pete
-
Rubbish , I don't understand why people get this notion that pushing it up to 5k in every gear is in any way driving a car properly. Driving a car properly is more about keeping safe and avoiding wearing everything out in record time. In any case , if you look at peoples pics of their MPG/Speed you'll see that people with low MPG also have very low average speed meaning they're stuck in traffic most of the time, not hammering the life out of it..WackWill's picture is a perfect example of this. Pete
-
So it passed the MOT like that? Pete
-
Just something for you to think about - "NISMO Motorsports" makes no sense seeing as NISMO stands for Nissan Motorsports, so your plate surround reads "Nissan Motorsports Motorsports" I think, technically they are illegal too as they display something other than the makers name and BS number, correct me if I'm wrong though Yes, you can also display one of those EU/England/Scotland/wales/GB flag thingies if you wish but what you are saying is correct. Legally, these are the requirements.... " the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d); the name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier; and the name and postcode of the supplying outlet." However, failing to display these is not an MOT failure, this was withdrawn from the MOT in 2007 but is a legal requirement from 2001 onwards... When I first joined this forum I read a thread where someone had a plate made up replacing the suppliers name with 350Z-UK.COM only to find out it was illegal . Pete
-
I'm pretty sure that will only revoke cherished plates and not the ones that were issued by The DVLA when the car was new. Pete
-
The reflective plates were introduced back in 1967 or 68 as an option and could be retrofitted to older vehicles. I had a set fitted to my 1967 Lambretta around that time. All the cars I bought before 1973 I paid the extra fiver to have them fitted, looked cooler back then... Pete
-
I'm with E.ON, no problems. The supply is maintained by Scottish Power and they're pretty good at fixing any problems that we have from time to time. Pete
-
Welcome . There do seem to be a lot more these days, there would seem to be a trend for new owners not to keep them for long nowadays...I've seen at least a dozen Zed's for sale on this forum with owners only getting their Zed's in 2013. However, there are around 7.600 Zed's in The U.K (if you include those that are SORNed) and if we presume that 2 years is the average ownership then we're looking at over 10 cars a day coming onto the market.