Jump to content

JetSet

Members
  • Posts

    5,933
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JetSet

  1. Either get someone to sit in the car and press the brake (that's how I did mine) or you can wedge the wheel hub in place using an long iron bar or something similar between the studs and the floor. Or alternatively wedge the hub with said iron bar by using the sectioned gaps between the disk brakes (and the floor) Just remember to cushion the studs with a cloth/rag in case you damage them Pete
  2. Enjoy the Zed . Looking forward to spotting it Not used CLB but have heard good things about them Pete
  3. My mate dragged me along to a 60's revival gig in Llandudno a couple of years ago Acts included the Hollies, The Searchers, Herman's Hermits (without Herman), P.J Proby (Surprisingly Good) and the Troggs who were really good, I think they still had 3 original members. Last Album I bought was "Out of The Fire" by Dare.....One of the best 5 albums in my collection Pete
  4. You forgot number 10 10 You'll need to be thick skinned Pete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okbDmEGrCZ8 Pete
  6. Yes, could get interesting . Of course, like most teenagers at the time I liked much of the pop music about, Beatles, Stones, Byrds, Beach Boys and so on. As I turned 20, my tastes were pretty much the same, although I started to get into heavier stuff, The Doors, Free and others. Back then I owned just one album, 5th Dimension by The Byrds . Anyway, in my mid 20's my mate loaned me some of his albums by Genesis, Yes, Wishbone Ash, Mike Oldfield and that's pretty well when my tastes changed. Later on I became more interested in American and Canadian Rock bands, Styx, Journey, Boston, Loverboy, Kansas and many more that I'm sure nobody else has heard of . Right through the mid 70's and into the early 90's I bought about 10 albums a month and I still have every one of them .(Just under 2,000 all on vinyl ) My taste in music is fairly wide, from Country Rock such as The Eagles and Dan Fogelberg, Euro Rock (Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream), Heavy Rock (Van Halen, Motorhead) right through to bands such as Fleetwood Mac, Floyd, Rush, Kiss, Aerosmith and yeah, I still love The Beach Boys Stopped buying albums sometimes in the early 90's about the time it became tough to get hold of vinyl, just buy the odd one from second hand shops and E-Bay. Todays music doesn't do much for me, only heard 2 decent songs in the last 10 years Pete
  7. Hope you all enjoy it, nothing like the atmosphere on Grand Prix day . Weather looking very good for Saturday and Sunday (although I'd prefer a wet race ) Pete
  8. Now that's good, really good Pete
  9. Dropped these too . Pete
  10. Around here they call you "Duck" Pete
  11. Spot on . The RO-80 rotor tips wore out in about 15k, NSU were absorbed into the VW empire I believe, Panhard now make tanks Pete
  12. Yeah, completely dropping the Celica range left a big hole in the market. The FT-86 looks just the car to fill this hole Pete
  13. I obviously couldn't afford one of these back in the day but always thought they were classy. Sadly, they were not a great success due to a number of things, price, expensive repair bills and they're pretty rare now. Anyone know what it is? And one more, you really know your cars (or your really old ) if you get this one without any research. My mate's Dad had one when I was in school, got a lift home in it one day Haven't seen one in years, well, decades actually, collectors items now. Ugly, but very appealing. Pete
  14. Yeah, I was told the same thing by a Falken stockist, very few in the country at the moment. Pete
  15. Well it's no secret I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan, but unlike most LFC fans I'm pretty realistic and I'd be happy with Top 4. Can't really look past ManU and Chelski battling it out for the title with ManC a distant 3rd and Arsenal and Liverpool next. For the rest of the teams, except Spurs who should get 6th, their main ambitions will to be to avoid relegation. Pretty predictable and Sad really Pete
  16. Yeah, Into 80's and 70's music big time. I do remember Erasure but for the life of me couldn't recall any of their songs so I looked them up on Wiki, still non the wiser though A couple of tracks later on YouTube brought it all back....not bad, but not really my scene, prefer something a bit meatier TBH like MotorHead Pete
  17. Honda S800 , yeah just 800cc, don't remember the exact price they sold for, something similar to an MGBT I think (more than I could afford anyway ). They also made a 600cc version Pete
  18. JetSet

    40K for this

    Nope, never heard of them before but found this. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 42228.html Prices seem to have gone up £10k in 12 months Pete
  19. This one pre dates all of those so far mentioned by a few years. I was so jealous when my mate bought one when he qualified as a doctor. Pete
  20. Another good example of rare = valuable. Remind me very much of The Silver Bullets built by AirStream in the 40's and 50's. (except they were caravans ) Pete
  21. In many circumstances I'd say yes. Politicians at a government level should be above suspicion IMO. Yes, and whoever sanctioned the payments. It's one of the reasons why so few people bother voting, just adds to "they're all corrupt" attitude of the general public Fair enough, but payments and bungs to the police from newspapers have been going on long before Blunket had any power, long before he was born too. Just depends how far back the police want to look I guess? Pete
  22. If this is true then Cameron is going to face a lot of awkward questions. Pete Why? At the time of Milly Dowlers disappearance & the soham murders he wasnt even a front bench MP for the opposition. He may face some questions about how the police are going to clear this up now, but trying to lay blame at his door for the polices antics during the time of all this wont fly. David Blunket and/or Charles Clarke should be the ones facing the sternest questions imho. Because Coulson was appointed by Cameron 6 months after he resigned from The News of The World over the hacking allegations, there was much criticism about his appointment at the time. He (Coulson) has consistently denied any involvement, but if these latest revelations are to be believed then he has a serious problem. It's not going to look good if someone who was at the heart of government finishes up in prison. As for Blunket, he resigned in 2004, 2 years before the first news of the hacking scandal broke, are you suggesting he knew all about it and hushed it up? Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this works out, I get the feeling that there's a lot more to come out yet. Pete
  23. Just taken from The BBC News site If this is true then Cameron is going to face a lot of awkward questions. Pete
  24. Too right....and more explosive revelations to come. Pete
×
×
  • Create New...