Jump to content

JetSet

Members
  • Posts

    5,933
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JetSet

  1. Welcome to the forum. I don't really know the answer to this, but seeing as each Zed had to be ordered in advance (you couldn't just walk into a showroom and pick one up as I found out) then I can only presume that Silver was the most popular choice from 2003-2008. I think together with GM then yes, it's seen by dealers as a safe colour. Pete
  2. JetSet

    Le Mans 2011?

    Yeah, definitely interested in going next year, its been on my to do list for about 30 years now Pete
  3. Welcome to the forum from the other end of Wales Pete
  4. Very nice . Owned an 90 spec RS Turbo from late 89 right through to 2000, longest by far I've ever had a car. Pete
  5. Now that is major drool material . I really like the Maserati though, it simply oozes class, it's absolutely gorgeous Pete
  6. Welcome to the forum Pete
  7. Great write up . Zed looking good again, those black wheels are growing on me Pete
  8. Welcome Pete
  9. Not seen a prefacelift Zed on a 56 plate before, in 2005/6 they were flying out of the dealers faster than they could make them, there was a considerable waiting list at that time. Anyway, that Zed is just down the road from me, can check it out if you like Pete
  10. There are 2 twisty fittings which push through the pop rivets and hold the cover in place. The pop rivets themselves have 4 prongs and they are incredibly easy to break and incredibly difficult to find should you break them. As I've been unable to source any replacement rivets (apparently Nissan don't sell them and a trader here failed to post me replacements ) I've had to resort to a type of silicon to hold the thing in place. Pete
  11. Is that per zed Only £700 on the roadster....much of which we recovered when we sold the Rays Pete
  12. Well, it's difficult to say, I made a claim in 1997 when my RS Turbo was stolen/Recovered and had been chipped to 195bhp (undeclared) without any problems. The problem comes with exactly what you declare, where exactly do you draw the line?..would fitting a SatNav need to be declared, or a pair of Nissan Spats or a Front Spoiler. Obviously it's essential that any performance enhancements must be declared but what if you buy a second hand Zed with say a Plenum spacer fitted and you had no idea that it was not a standard part on the car I certainly had never even heard of them before I joined this club Pete
  13. +1, My wfe's Audi TT absolutely stunk after she'd owned it for 3 years, in fact I found it very unpleasant to travel anywhere in. Cars with leather seats retain the smell and we never managed to get rid of the odour of stale tobacco. On top of that the headlining gradually turns yellow and the windows constantly need cleaning. She has however learned her lesson and never smokes in her Roadster . Pete
  14. Good call, i would say its been parked under a tree. Augo Glym intensive tar remover should get it off Give it a polish and wax after. Yeah, you're right, spoke to my daughter who says she parks it under a tree in Cardiff and the intensive tar remover got it off in 5 minutes ....Thanks Pete
  15. If you have the VIN you can check the mileage at the previous M.O.T's online. 3 owners in almost 6 years is fairly normal some have had twice that number. Low mileage Zed's are not that uncommon, mine's on a 55 plate with 10k on the clock. Pete
  16. Not only did I spot it, I had a quick chat with the owner and told him about the club . Car on a private reg L9 ---, never seen it before but Caroline has spotted it a few times. Pete
  17. O.K, I'll call around once your ready , thanks. Need to grill my daughter when she gets back tomorrow to see if she can shed any light on how it got there, it certainly wasn't there a few weeks ago . Anyway on closer inspection 99% of the stuff is on the roof, very little on the bonnet in fact. Pete
  18. Decided to give my Clio a good clean up today after my daughter had brought it back from Cardiff. I'd noticed some black marks on the roof and a few on the bonnet that I thought would wash off but not a chance. Have tried several things but none of them will touch the marks. I'm thinking that its possibly some type of mould or fungus....any ideas? Yeah, it's pretty bad Pete
  19. I set myself a budget of 3k and actually spent approx 3.5k...its amazing how quickly it all mounts up . I've got a few more things on my to do list which shouldn't be any more than another 1k. Pete
  20. Brickyard Interlagos Fire Both rather nice but the Brickyard shades it for me. Pete
  21. Very nice indeed Pete
  22. Welcome Pete
  23. Evolved into the little known Gamma in 1979, well worth checking out Sadly, no video, but this is a great track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnc1Z9B6I2E Pete
  24. JetSet

    LakeZ buffet

    1/ FAST EDDIE 2/ JK240 3/ Rothers 2901 x 2 4/ Wasso x 2 (?) 5/ Shuck 6/ unabashed 7/ Jak 8/ The G Man x 2 9/ Paulie 10/ Ricey x 2 11/ Vik54 x 2 12/ Neilp 13/ Max 14/ Wilky 15/ Quavey 16/ JK24 17/ DoogyRev 18/ Ken 19) AK350Z 20) Zed2k 21) Ray100 22) vpulsar 23) martinmac x 2 34) toon chris 35) Steve Burns 36) Arkwright 37) richiep 38) malcolmpaul 39) Munty 40) Aceman 41) Tony b 42) Jan 43) funkysi 44) Gibby 45) ste01 46) JetSet x 1 47) Woody 48) BladesGrant 49) JakTheRuby 50) Chris I 51) Lexx 52) Beavis 53) Chris S 54)Will350z 55) glrnet 56) Moonraker Tom 57) POCC 58) andyvvc 59) Ray100 60. realneal370z 61. Gort 62 Envy Valeting 63 HaydnH 64 Cheshire 300zx 65 eck1 66 Saz & Andy 67. Shawn 69 Matt L 70 Dawn C 71 Jay 72 TOYBOY x 2 73 garetgax 74 350zCaroline x 1 75 Brian Barker.
  25. Welcome . Pete
×
×
  • Create New...