Jump to content

JetSet

Members
  • Posts

    5,933
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JetSet

  1. 1. BulletMagnet 2. Zugara 3. DoogyRev 4. Doctor Austin 5. Blacky-soon to be orange. 6. chriswatson99 7. Renegade 8. husky 9. Alessandro 10. 350 russ 11. Racinggreen 12. Cookbot 13. JetSet
  2. OMG, Went to see them once, must have been 1975, great band... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzZUyTpmy3g Pete
  3. Ferrari have revealed their 2011 car. Looks like all the other teams, except McLaren will reveal theirs over the weekend. First test session gets underway next week http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89112 Pete
  4. Sweet memories from my younger days Very obscure Rock Band from 1980, I wonder what became of them Pete
  5. I rememember this first time around. I can say without hesitation that this is the greatest rock video of all time, I've probably watched it 20 times since I rediscovered on YouTube. People think of Fleetwood Mac as soft rock, nothing soft about this, an absolute masterpiece. Off to watch it again now Pete
  6. Don't know much about them, but I can tell you that BSM have just cancelled their contract for 14,000 cars after only 3,700 deliveries were made. They're switching back to the Vauxhall Corsa which they used for many years. Expect a flood of Fiat 500's to hit the dealers soon! Pete
  7. Welcome to the Forum . Facelift models, 2006 onwards are about 75 kgs heavier than earlier cars, thus negating much of the power gain. Interior and lighting are much better on the newer models though. Pete
  8. No clicking on mine but I've had this issue on other cars, if my experience is anything to go by then it's difficult to get rid of. Several dealers had a go at fixing it without success, it was sent to a main Ford RS dealer in Leeds and in the end and stayed there for 3 weeks until the factory came up with a solution. Even then it clicked now and again, it was as if it was catching on something, you could actually feel the click through your foot. Definitely the most annoying problem I've ever had Pete
  9. Welcome Pete
  10. Some of the so called classics were real dogs in their time...E-Types, fell apart after 3 or 4 years, Triumph Stag, major engine design nightmare, Lotus Elan, built to sub Yugo standard, Ford Edsel, one of the most complicated cars ever built, Ford couldn't sell them but now they're worth a fortune, De Lorean, underpowered, unreliable and crude....to name but a few. Of course, some classics like the Triumph TR 4/5/6 deserve to be called classics. So, it would to me seem that once a car becomes rare then it automatically becomes a classic and the 350 won't become rare for a long time, they're built to last, there'll still be plenty on the road 10,15 years from now, already a cult car though Pete
  11. The Chinese did that in Bejing for the duration of the Olympics Pete
  12. Good luck, think you'll get much sleep . Anyway, the yellow one you were originally looking at is now listed as sold. Pete
  13. JetSet

    Space saver

    Complete opposite, space saver always goes on the non-driven wheels. On the front if your car is RWD, on the rear if FWD. Didn't know that, so basically if you get a rear wheel puncture you're stuffed? I suppose you could remove a front wheel and put it on the back but surely the LSD would have a nervous breakdown running different rolling diameters on the same axle. I hadn't thought about this before but staggered wheels are a bit of a nightmare if you get a puncture Pete
  14. Welcome along . Pete
  15. Signed. Pete
  16. Either a mistake or it's a Cat D, lousy photos, looks more like a Sunset on my screen Pete
  17. The one that's been up for sale for months in Chester has been sold. Pete
  18. Certainly sums up my situation. I guess Caroline will need a shed soon too Pete
  19. For me, the orange every time . Very rare, in fact I've yet to see one despite being an avid Zed spotter . Just remember, the future is orange Pete
  20. what meet is that? This one..viewtopic.php?f=57&t=41019 looks like a biggie Pete
  21. Did you take any piccies of the new wheels? What new wheels They are a surprise, don't tell anyone . They haven't arrived yet, just making preparations, moving spacers, etc, all will be revealed when I get them Pete
  22. Very shiny and looking really good Will . Spent most of my day on The Zed's too, swapping the wheels over (long story) now I'm aching all over.. At least I managed to give the wheels a good clean while they were off Pete
  23. JetSet

    DB9

    Gorgeous, colour suits the car perfectly.... Pete
  24. I've done this six times, ex Brother in Law lived in Brussels for a few years and I also drove down to see The Monaco GP once. It's a long drive from here down to Dover or Folkestone so your best bet is to stay overnight around the Dover area, plenty of B&B's. I say this because you don't want to arrive in France in the dark if you've never driven on the right before and you'll be fresher and more relaxed. It's also a lot easier to find your way out of the docks by daylight . One thing you should keep in mind is that while French, Belgian and German roads are good the driving standards are diabolical. Remind me to tell you the story about The French Nuns someday Coming back is another thing too, don't be tempted to save a bit of money by getting an overnight ferry, the only time I did this I had a few micro sleeps on the M1 at 80 mph, not good . Another thing is that once you get away from the coast of France then not a lot of English is spoken (that caused a few problems when my Mini broke down slap bang in the middle of France ). Not so bad in Germany and Belgium though where most people under the age of 25 speak good English. BTW, The first time I drove on the Continent I had a Mini. Ignoring my above advice, we got straight on the ferry and arrived in Calais in the dark....did I mention the Storm Force 10 that was blowing in the channel? Couldn't even sail from Folkestone, everyone on the boat, even some of the crew, were sick as dogs, journey took twice as long, absolute nightmare for everyone...lucky that I never suffer from motion sickness . Then of course, we couldn't get the tent up in the howling gale, we had to find large lumps of concrete to keep it from flying away. Pete
  25. I'm sure camskill will be cheaper Stupid question but why are the tyres so expensive? Don't other manufacturers make a more affordable alternative? A couple of things, you can get the correct tyres for between £1500 and £2000 if you shop around. Fitting non Nissan approved tyres invalidates the warranty , approved tyres are Dunlop's and Michelin's, once the warranty has expired I guess you're free to use what you want though. Pete
×
×
  • Create New...