Jump to content

JetSet

Members
  • Posts

    5,933
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JetSet

  1. It sounds like a seal has gone and opening the boot has made it considerably worse. DoogRev's advice is the way to proceed, you may be lucky and find that one of the seals has simply moved a bit and can be pushed back into place. Pete
  2. Welcome, Midnight Blue Pete
  3. All the best to everyone Pete
  4. JetSet

    NCB

    Yes, I can retrospectively match that as my no claims period extended from 1969-1997...then my car got stolen and was recovered with about a £1200 of damage, more than i could afford at that time. So, just a mere 14 years at the moment . The only accident I had was in 1977 when I reversed into another car and paid out for the repairs to his car myself. O.K, I'd forgotten that my first car was on my Dad's insurance so make that 1970-1997 Pete
  5. Well, City Link finally delivered our M&S order a couple of hours ago. Only took them 8 days and 6 return to depots as they claimed my address was wrong. Ermm, I've lived here since 1979. Pete
  6. Only 2 seats remain to be filled, one at Williams the other at HRT. One rumour though is that Trulli's seat isn't 100% assured and he may be replaced by Petrov. Pete
  7. Indeed, I've been checking back through some of our old cars. Some very interesting things came out. Seems that the average life is around 12 years, after my RS Turbo the next longest lasting car was the Capri 2.8i at 17 years, the worst...hmmm a Datsun Cherry at just 8 years, Caroline's former MR2 Turbo is still going strong after 18 years, so is her 2002 Audi TT Pete
  8. Think his was a 55 reg. Pete
  9. Still haven't had our M&S order and its turning into a saga. CityLink have had the parcel since the 16th and once again have failed to deliver it....it hasn't even gone on the truck today, bloody hopeless. Pete
  10. Hmm, years ago my Dad had his tank emptied. The thieves had unscrewed a bolt at the bottom of the tank...he didn't realize this until he poured a gallon in only to find it ran straight onto the floor . No idea if petrol tanks still have this drain bolt though? Pete
  11. We have some Christmas stuff that was ordered from M&S on the 9th December that remains undelivered. The items have been with the courier since the 12th but they are making every excuse in the book as to why they haven't delivered, latest one being they are short staffed . BTW,Caroline ordered some crafting items from The U.S also on the 9th and they arrived on the 15th Pete
  12. Good info, thanks, I checked out my Escort RS Turbo that I bought in 1989 and sold in 2001 and was amazed to see that it was taxed as recently as July 2011. Pete
  13. No, the facelifts don't have the orange strip. If you compare the lights side by side then you'll see that the insides of the lights are completely different. Also, I'm not certain that U.K lights have the same connector or specification as The JDM lights . One of the experts should be able to advise you on this. Pete
  14. Well, the last three digits would indicate that it was indeed the Zed from Saltney Tyres. This may well be the same one I reported seeing in Saltney on a couple of occasions earlier this year. However, that one had a rear bumper underspoiler and the one I saw in ASDA didn't...could well have been removed though as the chances of seeing 2 almost identical Zed's in Saltney are pretty remote I would have thought. Pete
  15. Brilliant Pete
  16. Absolutely, overtaking a truck on a 2 lane road with part of those lanes covered in snow was a very poor decision...He seemed to be driving sensibly until then too, he'd left a good gap to the truck Pete
  17. We had about 3cms this morning, the weather warning was for mid Wales so it was quite a surprise to wake up to snow. It caused chaos about 15 miles west of here when a truck jack knifed on a dual carriageway, apparently the road had been gritted but as this started out as rain it all got washed away before it turned to snow! Pete
  18. Everyone has different tastes, personally I don't like cities, beaches, package holidays or crowds of people, I live in the countryside and that's where I take my holidays. I like the wide open spaces and natural beauty of Wyoming, South Dakota and Montana, the great deserts of Utah, Arizona and Nevada and the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico. So much to see it'd take several lifetimes to fit it all in . Pete
  19. Very nice Pete
  20. My pet hate.....women that swear in public, absolute trash. Pete
  21. JetSet

    Nail in a tyre :(

    I'm afraid that if you've run it flat or even with low pressure for any distance, 20 miles and 15psi seems to be enough, then the fitters may well refuse to repair it. That's happened to me twice now but to be fair I could see the damage on the inside of the tyre Pete
  22. JetSet

    Handling

    Yeah, apart from the answers you've already had I think its important that you don't mix tyre patterns as well. The Maxxis are Assymetrical while the Bridgestones are I believe Rib pattern. There are occasions when the only alternative is to fit a non matching tyre...for example earlier this year it was impossible for me to find matching tyres due to the tsunami in Japan so on the tyre fitters recommendation we had to fit a Maxxis to Caroline's roadster as it was the closest match on pattern to the existing tyre. The tsunami may have lead to many others fitting the "wrong" tyres too Another thing to look out for is ill matching tyre sizes, for some it may well be a temptation to fit wider or lower profile tyres to replace your old worn out ones but this can play havoc with the TC. Pete
  23. To fit the Nurrish you will need a new cubby but he would normally provide that for you and include it in the price. However, first off, I don't think it'll fit into a facelift Zed and secondly he is currently out of the country. Pete
  24. Just spotted parked in ASDA, Queensferry. This one was on a private plate V31 XXX and it was an imported GM pre facelift model. Had a huge boot spoiler plus one of those neat roof spoilers and it also had some very nice wheels (type unknown to me). The most striking thing about this zed though were the the 2 massive white stripes running over the car, anyone know this car, certainly the first time I've seen it. Pete
  25. Works fine on my 55 reg pre facelift Pete
×
×
  • Create New...