Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. He's back? Where's he been? I haven't been following the forum much these days.
  2. Not when you have a Z, I bet those nice Scottish roads make it feel tiny.
  3. Hmmm... I don't think my car has had either the airbag or CSC recall work done, amazed I haven't heard of these issues before! I better get in touch with my brother. EDIT: Both have been previously sorted on my car.
  4. Oooh Will, there's a photo of your mate: http://www.msvtphotography.com/v/photos/84082vhx/13639311802
  5. Yep great place for a novice, nice long track so the cars are spread out and plenty of run off.
  6. About the same, I was looking at the boards though for my braking point so not exactly sure.
  7. Thanks Keyser, great vid... when's the next one?
  8. I've always been happier buying a car with full dealer service history, even up until this month my car had FNSH, now it's had Sly@Kaizer do the service and I'm much more confident in what's been done. I think in future I'll actively look to buy cars that have been serviced by independants and do a little homework on what their reputation is like instead.
  9. ah.. I was going to drop Ryan a call! he sold me my Nismo. whats the story behind your bad experience. a) It's the first time I've run out of screen wash on the way home from a service, which makes you wonder what else they may have forgotten. b ) Apparently the service book wasn't in the leather binder (is the 350Z binder leather? Or some faux stuff?) that I'd left on the passenger seat and has magically vanished so I no longer have any service history. Even worse the first garage to service my car (Crosby Nissan in Liverpool) only keep a record for 5 years so I can't even get a replacement, I think I have an invoice from the previous owner for the 2nd service but it will still be missing that first stamp. c) During the previous service (at Basingstoke who were actually quite good) they topped up my AC gas for free, strangely at the following service at Oxford there was UV fluid all over my condensor and it needed replacing for £1200 odd... strangely I didn't get it changed and it's still working perfectly 14 months later. Luckily Ryan works in sales! Not what you'd expect from one of their performance ctrs though. Haydn.
  10. My recommendation is not to use the Westway Nissan there, even though my brother works there I still lwouldn't recommend it.
  11. Well there obviously haven't been any specfic to the use of e-cigs, but if you look at the main ingredients individually there have. PG for example was studied as early as the 1940s and has been in use since the '50s for various reasons where you'd inhale it (medical inhalers, e.g: asthma, air conditioning in hospitals etc). Triphammer use natural flavourings, not sure if they use organic fruit etc or just the normal type though. They usually have an 70/30 or 80/20 VG/PG ratio but they will do you some VG only flavours if you ask them on their FB page, the flavour doesn't hold as well in a pure VG juice though. There's also a 20% off code on their FB page. Haydn.
  12. I vape on a mech mod running an rda coiled at about 0.35 ohms. So depending on the freshness of the battery (3.7-4.2V) and according to Ohms law, I vape between about 40-50watts... unless this Ohms law calculator is lieing to me.
  13. How about a Mk2 MR2 Turbo? Mid engined and you'd be suprised how quick they are on track. MX5s are pretty light and nippy when you go forced induction which you can do fairly cheap.
  14. That was Brillo in the passenger seat btw, only passenger I had all day.
  15. Nice video of me stuck behind a green thing there Colin... Well he's slow at posting videos. (or maybe I have no patience)
  16. It's an R1 engine, so rev limit of 13750 I believe. EDIT: or 12500 then.
  17. Anyone fancy making it a yearly event? August bank holiday track day? Nothing stopping people doing it more often obviously, but could be a nice post Wales catch up. Would be good if we could get enough people to have the track to ourselves to avoid certain Lexus drivers.
  18. Sorry it was so slow Brillo! I convinced myself I'd take it easy today being in the Z and all... You should've jumped in the passenger seat in the afternoon when that sensibility had obviously gone out of the soft top... To a safe extent anyway.
  19. Different braking styles? Mines the 'desperately trying to not go through the windscreen when tapping the pedal' style... Really happy with the Arts on track once they're warmed up... Not sure the pit Marshall was so keen on them though, 'Mate your brakes are smoking!'
  20. Having a bit of fun with a crazy frog made it worthwhile for me today... Glad he found his right foot in the last session - not often I say that about the quiet pedal mind.
  21. Well that was fun, think I prefer the 350z on track to the tubby MR2.
  22. Look in the service book when you inspect the car, any missing stamps may be covered by an invoice but I'd phone the garage to confirm in that case although be aware they may not keep a record for more than 5 years.
  23. You and me pulling over on the hard shoulder again then Will? BTW, is anyone convoying up from anywhere? Or is it far too early in the morning for that?
  24. Tyres fitted on Saturday, picket up my helmet from my folks on Sunday, picked up the car from AME last night after they took it to Racelogic to get the TC working and configured... all ready! Now what's the odds on me forgetting my drivers license on the day.
  25. Shame, you could've had a sneak preview of what you bought from AME.
×
×
  • Create New...