Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. For £1500 I'd be suprised if you could cover decent labor for the rebuild! I guess the engine could have been rebuilt prior to the donor car being written off, but then that would raise even more questions.
  2. HaydnH

    HR Engine Cover

    I'll take one as soon as it's available! How much do you want for 1? Well it's the first week in January Lee.
  3. Your telling me, I went out to buy a new laptop a couple of weeks ago expecting to spend about 400-500 came back with a the macbook pro retina, all singing & dancing & nearly £2k over budget But what a great bit of kit, the screen is awesome I'm finding the screen a little over kill tbh, the fonts are tiny under linux! I can well believe this, most of the OSX apps compensate for the high pixel density. You running Ubuntu or another distro? Fedora using WindowMaker rather than Gnome/KDE etc. Don't think much has changed with it since the late 90's and still find it the most productive window manager, so on modern hardware it's stupidly quick!
  4. My seats are normally toasty, although I did wonder if they were working yesterday. Maybe that was something to do with driving with the top down on Christmas day though.
  5. Thanks Ian, great quality! Glad I got some as they've turned out far better than I expected! Merry X-mas!!
  6. Your telling me, I went out to buy a new laptop a couple of weeks ago expecting to spend about 400-500 came back with a the macbook pro retina, all singing & dancing & nearly £2k over budget But what a great bit of kit, the screen is awesome I'm finding the screen a little over kill tbh, the fonts are tiny under linux!
  7. Yep, just bought one a week or so ago after my old laptop died... Went for the cheapest 15" pro retina as I've put linux on it and really don't need the extra resources. Lovely bit of hardware, missing the page up/down,end,del etc keys though! Surely they could have moved the speakers down besides the touchpad and added a few more keys.
  8. (that was me being a mime!)
  9. Muteki SR48s?
  10. As long as it's had a yearly service I wouldn't worry about low mileage, there could be corrision inside the exhaust, maybe, but that's easy to fix.
  11. I have a full set of Brembos incl pads, discs and lines sitting at Abbey that you could buy. They came off a ~20k mile 2007 car.
  12. Yeh, but you drive a Vauxhall! Not anymore! In my mind you still drive a Vauxhall until you change your avatar.
  13. Yeh, but you drive a Vauxhall!
  14. HaydnH

    HR Engine Cover

    I'll take one as soon as it's available! How much do you want for 1?
  15. HaydnH

    HR Engine Cover

    I'm still looking for this.
  16. Yep, this guy excels at spelling!
  17. Jeeesh, and people say Red is done to death? Orange is the new red?
  18. You saw Octet's 350 right? Didn't have the parcel shelf on the back though.
  19. I agree mate, BF4 campaign is awful. So went and bought BF3 for a fiver, i'd forgotten how good it was! I concur, bought on Sunday, campaign finished by Thursday and that was a hour or two here and there, not constant play! Good campaign but just way way to short imho. I can't remember which gamne it was that had like a 3-4 hour campaign including completing all the "collect intel" type stuff, Homeland maybe? Whatever it was it sucked! Still can't wait for Dark Souls II. There was a great part in the last one where one of the bosses was controlled by other players on the internet... god that was hard to beat, completely unfair pitting two players against each other but one with a hugely advantaged character. Worthwhile when you finally beat them though.
  20. Well I've ordered mine, thanks CS!
  21. I don't think 9K is too far off for a HR if you're willing to wait for one to come up cheap, just looking on the front page of the for sale forum: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/78408-nissan-350z-uk-car-full-nissan-service-history/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77230-200757-uk-black-350z-gt-pack-fully-loaded-sat-nav-etc-price-drop-9250-fresh-6-months-tax/
  22. Think I'd prefer the V1, even at those prices I'll still be saving money considering I seem to spray my fiberglass front every bloody year!
  23. I was happy with the alignment I had on your old system.
  24. I'm going to be trying to create this kind of look: But on a 350, so imagine the silver bit of the HR engine cover being sprayed red with other parts sprayed to match (strut bar feet, engine bay bolts etc etc): Using Duplicolor MetalCast Red: I'll get there eventually!
  25. The genral consensus seems to the if you can afford to go for the latest HR engine (it has 2 air intakes so it's easy to tell) then go for it, otherwise go for an older car (pre 06?) with the lower tax bracket. I believe the 06 revup engine (300ps?) had a small oil burning issue but other than that all of the engines are pretty rock solid. Personally I'm glad I went for the 313ps HR engine.
×
×
  • Create New...