Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. Bah, I'm working too much this week as usual.
  2. Damn, I read of one of these happening in London sometime soon and I was going to have a look... but now I can't remember where/when it was!
  3. For £2500 how about a Mk2 MR2 T-Bar Turbo? Fairly reliable, mid engined and faster than a zed off the line... should be a fun car for your price range, I'm not sure what the resale value would be in a couple of years but I doubt it will change that much as long as the car is kept in good condition.
  4. If you're doing it in your lunch break remember to take something to stop the hub turning while torqing up the spacers. I used a left over wooden floor board wedged between 2 of the bolts when I did mine... that was after realising the hand brake wasn't strong enough and slicing my hand open.
  5. Bit of a late response (been busy!) but I'd be interested to hear your exhaust, I'm still tempted to get an Amuse exhaust...
  6. I quite like it, although I wouldn't put it on my Z unless it was a bit more modified. BTW, for the marmite & chocolate lovers: http://www.chocablog.com/reviews/paul-a ... te-xo-bar/
  7. I couldn't stand black ops, mw2 was good multiplayer, probably the most in control I've felt for a fps on console - if I wanted to quickly aim at someone I could get it right almost every time, black ops I seemed to move the stick the same amount each time but the amount the aim would move seemed to differ if you know what I mean. Been impressed with BF3, got my platinum yesterday just in time for MW3... it's got a lot to live up to though and I may go back to BF3 afterwards, hopefully the COD people will still be on MW3 and BF3 will be more team orientated than the suicidal chaos it is at present. Loving the whole destroying buildings/cover thing - took a long time to get used the damn heli's though, first time I got in one I hit the ground after about 3 seconds.
  8. It's a bit late for this year, however the BBC do a sound effect library, I know they have 1 covering storms, not sure about fireworks but any firework sound effect CD you can find will do. If you put it on very quietly and slowly work the volume up the pets eventually get used to it.
  9. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... e=1&ref=nf
  10. Posted a few days ago:
  11. You let them do this? I'd be so worried about damaging the roof! Looked like it was only doing 5 mph... Sure that would be fine! I'd still want a big fan blowing 5mph wind in the opposite direction.
  12. I doubt I'll sleep much towards Saturday... can't wait for it! Hopefully Wales will do it but which ever team wins should be in the final at least looking at the current form, and looking at the Irish v Oz and Wales v RSA matches it's possible that either team could actually win it... it's going to be tough though.
  13. Ti Amo is pretty decent on Nicholson street and very reasonable price wise. If you fancy a quick pub ish type food Aspen just down the road serves good dishes although the menu can be a little limited - we tend to rely on this place when we're there every August for the fringe. The fry up at city restaurant on the other side of the road is fairly decent as well although the sausages are a bit poor. For quick ciabattas etc Kilimanjaro is a decent cafe - great milkshakes.
  14. You let them do this? I'd be so worried about damaging the roof!
  15. Don't forget to ask for Marmite while you're there!!
  16. This can be easily sorted by rotating the 2 round rubber things under the bonnet assuming the hinges are aligned properly.
  17. I've asked about these corrosion warranty stamps at both of my last services, according to Nissan if you have a FNSH then you don't need the additional stamp, the extra stamp is only needed if you get a service elsewhere when the car needs to be inspected by Nissan... I'm sure they'll probably argue about it if I ever need to claim though!
  18. I know it's a Megane... but are you using a sponge??
  19. I don't know anywhere in Reading, but I'd recommend getting a new wife!
  20. Ooo I like this I couldn't have any car with that name (check the spanish translation) Babelfish won't translate it for me. Anyway, what about a landcruiser?
  21. Looks like a smoothed exige.
  22. This site's useful to see how much people have paid for the flats in question and make sure you're not paying too much: http://www.houseprices.co.uk/
  23. How cool is this! Do you think there would be problems claiming from insurance if you used it though?
  24. That did actually make me laugh out loud when I saw that as well!
  25. I used Windows for the first time this morning, I usually use Linux but needed to flash my laptop's BIOS to install a new wireless card* and HP don't create tools to do that in Linux, well they do but you need a Windows PC to create the bootable USB key which defeats the purpose. I thought I'd install the drivers for the new card in Windows while I was there, the damn install crashed half way through and after a reboot I got the "registry missing or corrupt" message... and Vista** doesn't have a recovery console... thanks MS! I'll stick with Linux thanks. Haydn. *For those techies out there, I had to flash my BIOS with a hacked BIOS to remove the hardware whitelist that HP code in to their BIOS preventing you from doing any useful upgrades! God I hate that! **I know Vista sucks, but it came with the laptop and I don't really use it so who cares.
×
×
  • Create New...