Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. Oh dear that is very sad............imagine the laughter if you took to be serviced.. Imagine the laughter if you paid £20k for a '95 Celica with 65k miles!
  2. HaydnH

    200mph

    OMG, I see what you mean about the special effects... and the acting! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbIPpQ0BrE8
  3. You sir have a rather appropriate avatar for that comment.
  4. Go for a nice shiney one from Tarmac's group buy?
  5. Read the "Personal Pensions" section here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/relief-pension.htm#1
  6. Hi All, I recently contacted HMRC as I'm in the upper tax bracket and believe I'm entitled to a tax refund on my pension contributions. Basically I was informed by my HR department that I was entitled and also some of my colleagues claim their tax back for pension contributions. In response the tax office asked for a copy of my P11D which I don't quite understand as that has nothing to do with pension payments, although I provided it anyway. After that I received 2 letters from HMRC, 1 stating I'd paid the correct amount of tax and another letter stating that my tax code has changed from 756L to 753L because they "believe you are currently between jobs so we have estimated your tax code based on your personal circumstances". I've been employed by the same company for the last 4+ years, how on earth could they suddenly think I'm "between jobs" - have I just been given a numpty at HMRC? Has anyone else had similar problems? Haydn.
  7. Fact for the "little known facts about the 350z" thread? Personally I think the 50As are great on the Z.
  8. There are key matching guides on here. Have all your keys stopped working? I assume you got more than 1?
  9. Hope the garage owner enjoyed a few months of drinking his food through a straw Even after filing in small claims etc etc they just didn't give a toss! For the £250 deposit I decided it wasn't worth the effort in the end as there was no way they'd pay up even if I won. Sadly I can't remember the name of the garage now as it was a long time ago, it was in Southampton though.
  10. Bollox, did a search too. Maybe I should have searched via google might have been more reliable than our own search function with it playing up etc. May as well delete this thread then.... Mods over to you Wow, considering you almost live on the forum how on earth did you miss the various threads about it?
  11. Mk2 or Mk3? I can't stand the Mk2 veilside kit, and generally dislike Mk3 '2s purely because the Mk1 and Mk2 were great cars for their time/price range but the Mk3 I thought just lacked anything special.
  12. I guess if you want to go the Zee bracket style while tracking you could just remove the bracket at each track day, should only take 15 mins but I think you'd need new sticky pads each time as I doubt you can remove it without peeling off the plate.
  13. On a side note, don't ever put a deposit down subject to a car passing an AA/RAC inspection. I did this once, I even got them to right that it was subject to me being happy with the inspection on the receipt. The inspection said the synchro meshes were failing and would need a new gear box, they refused to return the deposit or change the box. Admittedly they turned out to be a bit of a dodgy garage but hey.
  14. Could we include a link to each car? Or maybe just say what the base car is?
  15. Excellent! Can't wait for episode 2.
  16. Zee bracket, works well with a UK sized plated stuck straight on it: I love the way it sticks out from the side view, don't have any photo's of that though. I can take some better photo's if you want? It's a pretty simple bracket though so you could probably get 1 made cheaper at a garage rather than import. If you're planning on tracking your car it's not good though as you should have the tow hook available for track days.
  17. The 350 exhaust alone is £3400 from Tarmac, god knows how much a full Amuse 370 kit is.
  18. If it's a bankers draft you can phone the issuing bank to ask if it's genuine before accepting it, I had this happen to me when buying a car ages ago.
  19. I often drive 100+ miles when going to/from my parents... they only live 30 miles away.
  20. She also had clear reflectors on the front and posh clear reflectors on the rear. She didn't fit the grounding kit, she sold it after she sold the car, but that's not to say no one else fitted one afterwards. The rear indicators were sold for sure, can't see any evidence of the front or LED brakes being sold though.
  21. I've just been looking at the possibility of buying a printer and doing this myself, but at a minimum of £400 I can't think of anything else I'd actually make that would make this worthwhile.
  22. The Shapeways company does the printing yes, but they work in a way where anyone can sell their printed designs. The user be_on_edge designed this key so you could message him asking for a non Qashqai version.
  23. Maybe this isn't Dom's car, looking at this thread (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=46797&p=687509#p687509) she never fitted her grounding kit and it was the Stillen type which isn't the orange/bronze colour above. Then again, maybe there was an owner in between that fitted a different kit.
×
×
  • Create New...