Jump to content

evilscorp

Members
  • Posts

    3,378
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evilscorp

  1. That rust isnt bad, but I would start to get on top of it, wire wheel and then usual underbody treatments. however I would probably take the braces off and get them powdercoated for better protection. As for the subframe its totally normal for a blind man with no care for how much filler rod to have done the rear subframe. They are alu so as long as there are no cracks its fine. You dont have the same problem as old s-chassis with steel subframes cracking the 350z one is beefy enough.
  2. 6'' lift is a lot, this would probably require a full adjustable arm kit as well to keep the geometery setup correct. you can probably get about 1-2'' with bc suspension or similar setup but air suspension and top mount plates and other mods would be required to lift it that high, also the angle of your driveshafts will be out and they also might be streched leading to chance of failure. Bigger tyres as mentioned above helps but it comes with its own problems, tyre scrub on wheelarches, reduced steering angle etc... For an injured back I wouldnt take the risk and buy a different car.
  3. evilscorp

    Fuel Sender

    https://youtu.be/nW5gaFfEKSo Something i found out the other day, not sure if its correct but mine does play up occasionally... but I don't drive it often, 1:30 in.
  4. How are you measuring speed? GPS signal to gauges? Or do you have a hall sensor hooked up somewhere. Looking good.
  5. Was in magazine back when it came out, don't know if I still have the issue, japanese performance or banzai.
  6. Thats a steal IMO.
  7. Dyna Tune- East Kilbride, TDi North (I think)-Cheshire, RS Tuning- Leeds, Then ABBY Motorsports and Horsham Developments Further down South, Is my geographical list of Uprev tuners that KNOW 350z's. Other companies will have mixed results and I don't know or recomend any others for 350Z tuning on the OEM ECU. Have a search on here but thats all I will say.
  8. 2 hour drive, Early ferry and you could do it in a day.
  9. East Kilbride, DynaTune Chris is your man.
  10. Does anyone know which colour is the signal wire and which colour is the 8V+ on the rear diff ABS sensors, Nico forums workshop manual says they should be orange 8V+ and pink signal for the LH speed sensor and Brown/white 8V+ and Brown signal for the RH speed sensor. Unfortunately my diff came off an unknown year UK car 2005 probably and the wires are brown and white for both sensors so not very helpful. Just don't want to fry one of the sensors as I was hoping to keep one as a back up. (200sx swap car so using a dekota digital to convert the signal from the 350z diff to the 200sx speedo.)
  11. PaulT is making a widebody kit for himself, no CAD involved just lots of time and effort. He has a youtube imaginebuildrace if you want to check out the process he is doing.
  12. Are you sure its for the correct gearbox? There were many improvements with the CD gearbox in its life span, quite possibly have the same part number but for a more recent box hence not fitting. What year model is the box?
  13. brake lines were a faf, had to swap the t joint(in car) for a different one as the fittings couldn't get tight without making the other side loose so had to go for all male one. Suspect the power steering lines will leak from the rack housing as the fitting isn't quite as long as the original and don't think the o ring at the bottom has compressed. (Stupid overpriced chasebays are the only company that probably has the correct fitting.(no doubt wont sell it by itself.)
  14. Quite a bit further on with this, just adding fluids for a start up to find all the leaks Got the correct sensor connector for wiring up the CD00* gearbox reverse switch so last one and worst to do is the speed sensor on the diff abs, still not got the correct connector so may end up getting a universal and cutting the oem
  15. evilscorp

    JDM coil pack

    I can confirm as i've changed a couple of my 2003 JDM for UK ones without issue.
  16. Been driving the car a bit but the belt slip I seem to be getting on a brand new belt is starting to get on my nervs. I have a feeling my tensioner is corroded and in need of a replacement as its maxed out. So I should be looking to fix the car..... Instead I sold my daily driver Jimny (market value is totally over inflated at the moment, new commercial is due out soon so wont take much to throw seats in the back). Made 5K profit selling to a Suzuki dealer from down south, only for him to inflate the price 2-3K more. £16,000 new to £23,000 second hand??? who are these people buying second hand cars? everything seems overpriced. So without a daily driver I needed something to replace it..... seems I have to wait till April/May 22 for it to arrive, and its ONLY a Yaris.... Maybe by the time it has increased 5K in value I will have the 200sx on the road and the 350z working perfectly. 😅
  17. Wow , great build can't believe ive missed this, glad I came accross it as I have not seen the playdo valve piston gap done before. Engine sounds great.
  18. Took what I had invested (plus a bit) back in 2017 out last month, now its all profit/investment for me and will maybe buy or sell some coins every now and again, its a total gamble IMO and I have my doubts about the industry. I think the boat has sailed as the majority of my younger work mates are all going crazy for it so I don't expect as huge swings in the larger currencys.
  19. otherway about, the dual mass helps remove harmonics so if you have neither then your more likely to get wear on your crank.
×
×
  • Create New...