Jump to content

Dblock

Members
  • Posts

    7,756
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dblock

  1. not really. Your forgetting insurance, tax and unrelibility issues. Ive drove on ice with winter tyres keep the speed down you will be fine. If your driving around in a shed with no winter tyres and its cold your a hazard to everyone around you.
  2. +1. The s2000 and z3m's did this as people branded the first cars snappy and widow makers but now they are less neutral. I think for day to day its better though.
  3. Dblock

    40 Profile

    I did state the sizes though? You just want to argue over nothing?
  4. Took me closer to 2 hours. It took me 15mins to get the strut brace on!
  5. Dblock

    40 Profile

    Running 245/45/18 and 235/40/18 on the front no problems whats so ever. Ive done more than 20k miles on them too. Im replacing them for 225/40/18s as they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I personally havent found any of this traction control problems alot of people bang on about. Maybe my car is different? Clearly you've never understoon any of the posts I've made explaining how TC works then? You are not finding any problem as your difference in percentage terms of rolling radius front to rear keeps the stagger that the TCS expects. Should you run tyres with the same rolling radius front to rear you will understand what we are talking about. As for the OPs original question, yes you can run a 40 profile. I did on my 18s on the 350z as Falkens have somewhat soggy sidewalls and I was recommended to do so. You need to keep the OEM front to rear stagger in rolling radius though. So use 40 profile all round and you'll be fine AFAIK, but keep to staggered widths such as 225F and 245R. Yes I did. But why does everyone keep to 45's then? They are more expensive, less choice and they have a bigger sidewall to flex. And the OP was asking about 40 profiles so what you on about?
  6. Dblock

    40 Profile

    Running 245/45/18 and 235/40/18 on the front no problems whats so ever. Ive done more than 20k miles on them too. Im replacing them for 225/40/18s as they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I personally havent found any of this traction control problems alot of people bang on about. Maybe my car is different? Just out of interest, is it a DE or an HR? DE
  7. Dblock

    40 Profile

    Running 245/45/18 and 235/40/18 on the front no problems whats so ever. Ive done more than 20k miles on them too. Im replacing them for 225/40/18s as they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I personally havent found any of this traction control problems alot of people bang on about. Maybe my car is different?
  8. My front bumper looks like a peice of modern art it's got millions of cracks in it. I think it's caused by the bumper flexing but the paint not flexing. If you can ask the bodyshop to put on a more flexible strechty paint I'm sure it exists.
  9. Saw you a few times on the way to Arbroath. You look about 5 years old
  10. 112mph or Cal-x has said in kilometers.
  11. YouTube bythabayplayer I think his name is.
  12. In this thread it IS a girls car literally! I would like to own one, one day. I really think it's up there in the cars you must try. alot of people on here are open minded, but there are many on here who will see the S2K as a girls car. there loss in my opinion.
  13. Why you needing headlights? Also pre facelift lights aren't too expensive usually.
  14. Also some of those miles might be in km
  15. get the rac/aa to inspect it. Its cheap and adding £100 odd quid wont hurt. Id say go for it though.
  16. I got these in the last group buy but still havent fitted them. Will do soon. The main advantage over AMS pulleys over all others like UR, KJR etc is the metal sleve which wont wear out or make the main crank seal leak. Not under driven so all OEM belts fit and its a kit, not just the crank pulley.
  17. Im sure the early ones where skittish but alignment sorted them.
  18. Good man I like to see the car used on a daily basis. It's a great all rounder and good on fuel considering. I'm on 90 odd k. Got the car with 66k. The whole point of a Japanese sports car is a practical reliable mile muncher. Let's hope it gives you another 100k problem free
  19. I personally dont see the problem with buying old 350's. They are bullet proof and your not going to get hit with the deprication of a newer one. If it does go wrong it does at the end of the day as no car is immune to failure of something. Mine is a daily and will be coming up for 90k very soon. You wouldnt do that in an 07 would you? if you service the car yourself then running costs are very low considering the type of car. Petrol and insurance are only getting more expensive
  20. completly but has anyone seen the idea of a 6 stroke?
  21. My DE did this when I cleaned the throttle body. Idle air relearn sorted it but it could be a different issue.
  22. Have you read the code?
  23. he got it remapped plus if you put decats on you don't magically drop 15mpg be aide of no remap.
  24. Boxsters can be tracked straight away they are made for it.
  25. Decats made my fuel economy a teeny bit better. Lambda sensor broken?
×
×
  • Create New...