Jump to content

Dblock

Members
  • Posts

    7,756
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dblock

  1. pics of them?
  2. He was talking about the underbody bracing kit. It stiffens the chassis.
  3. In Scotland it gets cold quick stays that way. Last year if I didn't have winter tires I couldn't have got to work 8/10 losing me money and it could have caused an accident costing me more. You also are sharing the wear of your tyres so you are kinda getting twice the life from them. You may not need them but when it gets cold and it snows you would pay anything to keep moving.
  4. they exist ?
  5. Dblock

    GTR Body kit

    They are pretty much the exact same though
  6. Im sure Shire has one,
  7. America I guess? Tarmac might be able to hook you up?
  8. I think Summit do one.
  9. You have never drove a harsh winter with normal tyres fitted then winter tyres fitted have you? Switzerland has alot more snow then us... No winter tyres dont allow you to drive normally as if you did you a prat but they allow you safely to drive around. 4wd has nothing to do with anything if the wrong tyres are fitted. My fwd car shot pass alot of RRS, Q7's and other 4x4's purely because the winter tyres give you traction. If you dont have traction 4 wheels spinning isnt better than 2 is it? The winter tyres bite into the snow and allow you to keep moving.
  10. That is awesome. Plus its built by garage D.
  11. see you at L&G then, mines in for a service I am due at L&G around 1.30pm as long as I don't break down on the way . So I might see you there depending on how long it takes for them to verify the fault code and come up with a plan for me to return for repairs. Its a lambda sensor, they will most probably replace it and charge you about £80.
  12. Aren't LS2 crates like 12k? and that's without getting it fitted. I would think a modest bottom end build (pistons, rods + associated gubbins) and a vortech V3 with a new pulley would get you the same-ish power for less. But obviously not as reliable as an engine that was always designed for big power. DB Ive seen them on driftworks for alot less. Its not that expensive considering to fit it as its all off the shelf. You can see why though. Big reliable and if you want more power you just have to throw more money at it. There is one it sounds awesome TT too
  13. Aren't LS2 crates like 12k? and that's without getting it fitted. I would think a modest bottom end build (pistons, rods + associated gubbins) and a vortech V3 with a new pulley would get you the same-ish power for less. But obviously not as reliable as an engine that was always designed for big power. DB Ive seen them on driftworks for alot less. Its not that expensive considering to fit it as its all off the shelf.
  14. I think the con rods and pistons aren't that strong. 400bhp is still good for a car that wasn't made for boost where as the 2jz and rb's where. IMO the cheapest way to go fast but it depends on what you need your car for is slipping in a ls2 which will make it fast. You turbo that ls2 you have something stupid. All conversion parts are off the shelf and the ls2 is strong. V8 bliss
  15. FAP system?
  16. I found Z4's ride to be super harsh. Really hard. Inside feels a little bland. If I was going for a z4m i would considor a 3.4s boxster too
  17. A stroll in the park for you Mike 2 hours will take care of it mate if you are handy with spanners. Alex. Nice one, I will more than likey be making an order with you soon Alex! I always bought Bosch super4 plugs after having them recommended though...! super 4's are pap
  18. Dblock

    RESPECT

    Always good to have wiggle room Yes it's pretty tight down there. Just making sure did you take off the strut brace and engine cover? There is about 6 brackets you can unbolt to move that big wire/loom out the way. It took me about 3 hours but I kept stopping for breaks cleaned the maf and airfilter. £75 isn't too bad though. No didnt take the strut brace off, the guide didnt suggest it nor did I think I'd need to although I can see the benifit now. I did take the black cover off and unbolted all loom securing brackets.It was the plug nearest the bulkhead on the drivers side that worryed me most, it looked impossible. I agree £75 isnt bad especially if I,d broken something. well no wonder lol. CS thats is cheap
  19. Dblock

    RESPECT

    Always good to have wiggle room Yes it's pretty tight down there. Just making sure did you take off the strut brace and engine cover? There is about 6 brackets you can unbolt to move that big wire/loom out the way. It took me about 3 hours but I kept stopping for breaks cleaned the maf and airfilter. £75 isn't too bad though.
  20. Dblock

    RESPECT

    Fiddly yes. There is a few brackets you need to unscrew. You undo them it gives you a little bit more wiggle room.
  21. That's a beutiful car. It looks like an old school gt2 or turbo. Awesome. That one Ekona posted is horrible. I hate boggo standard 911's they so ugly. The wider body 4s's look much better IMO.
  22. Pukka pies are usually really good but not the ones you guys can buy from the supermarket Had an English guy in the other day who couldnt understand that pies are fried.
  23. If you want to sell you old lights il take them. If I was you get some 1200 1500 2000 2500 3000 grit wet and dry. Soak them in warm water with liquid soap. Start with 1200 until the surface is foggy then 1500 and so on.You will get a plastic burning smell if your doing it right. Then if you have a rotary or da use something like merz po85.rd then power gloss or you could use s500 and work it for a long time.
  24. Your tool draws are covered in amd phenom and athlon sticker Keyser a big nerd at heart?
  25. Dblock

    Toyota FT-86

    I think alot of modern cars have short springs abd hard shocks so it feel like a sporty drive but use thin ARBs as I have found the much improve handling but also make the ride more crashy. My car on smooth Tarmac is so comfortable. I wish me german or Japanese roads
×
×
  • Create New...