Dblock
Members-
Posts
7,756 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Dblock
-
I personally found that the car does drive a little more smoothly with it off. Its like its not having to go through the TC. I know it probably doesnt but it feels more responsive. It could just be a placebo. Doesnt VDC stay on all the time though? My car doesnt have it but im sure UK ones do?
-
I saw a GM 04 Z with black standard wheels at mcdonalds in Arbroath. I peeped and waved but you either ignored me or didnt hear lol.
-
That was him at his best. He doesn't do that stuff anymore I see what your saying but he has matured and is funny in a different way now, he is funny talking rather than doing pranks and features. I really really like Chris moyles show but Im never awake so I just get the podcast Not meaning to be rude but I surprised the amount of people that listen to Radio1 considering most arent in the demographic...
-
Stillen Carbon Fibre order bonanza offer !!!
Dblock replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Which is why traditionally AMEX is rarely accepted in restaurants and the like, as they charge something like 7% to businesses! Lots of advertising at the moment to try and encourage people to use AMEX for smaller purposes as they realised they had priced themselves out of the market... Yup no one takes my Amex except the bigger places, Tesco and asda. Alot of online shops dont take them which is rubbish as I get cashback on it -
Yes it is. You need valve care and its fine.
-
Just a minute is good. I also like cabin pressure, the now show, milton jones, flywheel shyster and flywheel and they had a thing with matt berry on recently called I,Regress. Old harry's game too. But Mills is hilarious go on youtube and watch pizza man prank by Scott Mills
-
Prins are working on injecting lpg as a liquid with out heating it for a gas. That should be cool pun intended
-
Depend what system he is running. If its a Prins system you can run the car on as close to standard as possible. I don't see why people knock LPG as the new systems are great. The old ones where cack. They also have load based valve care dosing systems to.
-
I think Chris moyles is hilarious personally but each to their own. One good thing is on 1xtra Gemma carnie is being replaced with Sarah Jane Crawford Also getting a dance anthems on saturday 4-7 with some new guy. Bring back Dave Pearce
-
350z as a daily commuter/used for work purposes..?
Dblock replied to FUG's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Well, the cost of the additive worked out at about £3 per litre, I worked for the company that supplied an early version to Shell, it actually cost us £2.20 a litre to produce it. However, the treatment level is fairly low so the profit that Shell is making is not that excessive, you're probably looking at somewhere around 2.0p worth per litre but bear in mind that Shell have to blend it and that'll take a fair bit of time and energy plus of course the R&D that went on before it came onto the market . Pete I'm not denying that but 99ron is 3-4p more where as vpower is 9-11p more expensive a litre. The tax is the real killer though -
Firstly if your like aww radio 1 is rubbish anyway, beat it They are swapping Scott Mills for greg james WTF. Scott Mills is a legend really funny with Beckola and Chris I cant belive they are swapping I'm either going to buy a DAB for work and listen to Westwood now Or listen to Scott Mills on the iplayer. Why did they do this Also Jameela Jamil and Gemma Carnie? Gemma is proper annoying on 1xtra plus the music she plays is pants. Westwood or Trevor Nelson are wayy better. Anyone agree or disagree?
-
That one is ment to be a good one. The aluminium one Ive heard is supposed to be borderline dangerous Ac jacks if you can get them from the states but sealey and ranger do some pretty pimp ones too.
-
350z as a daily commuter/used for work purposes..?
Dblock replied to FUG's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Just checked it again and vpower is 143.9 near me. So, that works out at £117 per week just on fuel. Why not use Tesco or Sainsbury Super fair bit cheaper and then at least then you will get points..... Well I used to always use Tesco`s Momentum so id get clubcard points, and it was about 2p a litre cheaper. Id read an in depth test on the net where someone actually tested Momentum and it came out as good as vpower and better than all the other "super" unleaded`s. But this last couple of months ive actually been putting shell vpower in it and I am noticing an improvement in performance. The car seems so much better. I didnt expect any difference at all, but the car does feel better. It may or may not be psychological, but i didnt fill up with vpower expecting any improvement, so for the sake of 2p (or £1.63 a week for me), i figured id may as well use vpower. If it was the thorney motorsport or something one its not worth beleving as they are sponsored by tesco's. I agree though V-power gives my car a bit more of a kick and its smoother too. I dunno. Vpower is just silly expensive though. -
350z as a daily commuter/used for work purposes..?
Dblock replied to FUG's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
I keep receipts and when I remember take photos. Nissan service history only means something to people who are looking for it or think it means something. I'd personally get a car mainted by someone or a specialist like abbey that car would be worth more to me. Plus the amount you spend on services won't be reflected in sale price. -
Morrisons are doing this as a loss leader. Biggest rip off in the UK is the greedy government.
-
350z as a daily commuter/used for work purposes..?
Dblock replied to FUG's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Service it yourself and save a pack. I do mine every 6k miles so it always in top shape. -
350z as a daily commuter/used for work purposes..?
Dblock replied to FUG's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
I use my car as a daily about 50miles everyday. If its dual carrige way you can get 26-29mpg. Town driving will be lower. If your thinking about getting a 350 as a week end toy I would get something a little more extreme but the 350 is happy to be used day in day out. If you dont want to put miles on your car remember its not an ferrari its a NISSAN. -
Also if you had et30 or +30 adding a 20mm spacer would take it to et10 or +10, 30mm spacer et0 or 0, 40mm spacer et-10 or -10.
-
its opposite, so +30 will sit more in/near the car/in the arches. -30 will stick out/further away from car/stick out of arches
-
Im not sure what 18's would be worth but IMO aftermarket wheels have to be 19" or bigger. What width are they?
-
19"s? with or without tyres? about 1-1.5k most likely if 19"s could be wrong.
-
As your starting it does the needle go down towards the 8v bit? Try a multimeter whilst someone cranks it otherwise. Is the starter running but its not firing or is the starter not going either?
-
Mechanical LSDs can be different how they work geared or clutch and so on. Clutch, quafie and torsen are the ones I mainly know.
-
I'm the same I'm not really into cruising. The same is starting up happen with my 172 more and more chavs are drive them they look at you the same way. Usually once they talk to you they are ok but when you get pulled regularly its a pain. The exact same happened to me. I said I was nervous as you guys (5-0) was behind me. The officer even admitted to being nervous when the police are behind him
-
It's the older police guys with tashes that are useless they usually get the BMW or big Volvo rather than an Astra In the 350 I've never had any trouble and they always been polite but I used to have a 106 diesel and they treated me like crap when I drove that. I came out my work once started my car and put the heaters on as the windows where steamed up. About 1minute later a police car came over telling me to move move now. I was polite and explained the situation they couldn't see me through the windscreen but that said just move. Wtf? I felt like smashing into their car and saying I couldn't see where I'm going. But honestly I felt because the car I drove they picked on me. I'd get stopped 3 times a week. But the younger guys generally seem to be nicer some older ones too are nice guys. It's a very small proportion that are power mad.