Dblock
Members-
Posts
7,756 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Dblock
-
Insurer confusion over drink driving
Dblock replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I dont think its an age thing though as im sure young people do it. But Im sure its mainly older people. -
Insurer confusion over drink driving
Dblock replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I agree to a certain point. In the Doc's case thats just bad luck but what if he had crashed with a bus load of people. Sounds like a sensible guy but his job is responsible for alot of peoples lives. You see it on the news a person or a couple with child was knocked over or crashed into by a drunk driver. Its really a shame and it could have been avoided so easily. But that person wasnt pulled by the police (they cant be everywhere) so lower limits wouldnt have made a difference. The only way to combat it is by making it socially frowned upon. But more so than it is now. If we look at drunk drivers in the same way as peado's they wont risk it IMO. -
Look you got your way by getting a sticky. We all know the risks of mixing tyres and so on. There is no need to ram it down everyones throat. He chose to do this. Whats it got to do with you? Is it your car? As said he knows it isnt ideal but he is aware of it. We can make our decisions thank you. Saying the same thing over and over doesnt make it true. What does that mean? I was just saying my opinion as ekona has said his. No big deal really. Not really helpful stirring the pot like that is it?
-
Marzman get the F1a'2 they are awesome! They dont have the bad aquaplaning of the gsd3's are quieter than gsd3 and grip better than the original F1A's.
-
Look you got your way by getting a sticky. We all know the risks of mixing tyres and so on. There is no need to ram it down everyones throat. He chose to do this. Whats it got to do with you? Is it your car? As said he knows it isnt ideal but he is aware of it. We can make our decisions thank you. Saying the same thing over and over doesnt make it true.
-
If your engine is healthy, thats all you really need, but like i said make sure you get one that seals, or can be made to seal OK, mine is just an ebay copy, i just added a silicone seal to the top and bottom joints. My car seems to run ok, anyway I could tell its not super healthy? I take it the little connectors with jubilee clips wont make a great seal? Silicone sealent? like the stuff you use in your kitchen?
-
so leave the one that connects to the intake and just catch can the plenum ones?
-
I'm wanting the catch can to keep my intake cleaner and oil vapours reduce Ron rating as you have said. I thought all of them where baffeled! I was actually thinking of making one from air compressor parts . Just like a water trap as such. So do I need two catch cans? Could you show me where they go on a picture also? Your advice is very much appreciated.
-
Hi Guy, When Im next free Im going to open up my plenum and clean the inside as my car is racking the miles now. So once I've cleaned that and the throttle body I'l want to install a catch can. Now most guides show two ports on the side of the engine but my car has a little pipe the plugs into the inlet pipe and Im pretty sure thats where the oil is coming from. So once a catch can is installed does the little pipe in the intake do nothing or do I have to connect that pipe somehow to the catch can? Thanks
-
IMO Mobil 1 is just a name. Its pushed on people who buy german cars because it is expensive. Im not saying it bad oil, its probably good oil but there is better out there for the price usually. I have heard of dealers telling people to only fill with mobil1 even if the car is empty E.g. would you perfer to use mobil 1 or Fuchs Titan Race or whatever silkolene is now called. 9/10 people would say mobil 1 as they have seen it or heard of it and know its expensive. Not many people know of Fuchs and Fuchs dont have the brand name like what Mobil 1 do. Amsoil get a really good rep but I know what americans are like too If you live in the US its not badly priced but to get it shipped over here is expensive. Its the same with my 172 under the bonnet it says Renault recommends ELF. Now who the hell sells elf stuff, conveniently your Renault garage at 3 times the price of oil which is much probably the same/better.
-
Anything to back that up? you as a porsche driver should know what they have done to it. Something to do with lower quality or semi synth base oils. Alot of people that used the newer one sent it away for analysis and the results was it doesn't lubricate as good and some of the detergents have been taken out. Nothing more than my own personal experience, you? Like I said, there's better stuff out there, but the simple fact that Porsche insist that you put it in all their cars tells you something about the quality of it. I'm not naive enough to think that they chose it specifically because it was the best over any highly lucrative commercial deals, but as a manufacturer you wouldn't want to recommend that any old junk gets put in your engine as you'll be the one dealing with the fallout via warranty claims. It will be of a certain quality, and that's more than can be said for a lot of oils out there. Pretty much anything that gets recommended as OEM will have a higher standard baserate than stuff that doesn't, but you also then get your Motul V stuff et al that is just so much better than anything else out there but is too expensive to use as OEM oil. Reading about how they have changed their formula's and people who have had their oil analysed and so on. I said its not as good anymore. Yet with no proof you said yes they are. They use cheaper quality base oils. I agree they are still Porshce's main supplier but they may be giving porshce better stuff/more addatives or oil quality isnt super important to porsche engines maybe? They take enough of it lol. Its still going to be decent oil but Porsche will charge you for the name. But there is/was talk about them losing their vag and possibly merc approval because of their oil not being as good. For the price you can get much much better stuff and recommending Mobil 1 IMO isn't going to be to the OP's benefit. Also Rich it was Mobil 1 who sued Castrol's Syntec which was made with group 3 base oils and therefore claimed calling it syntec when it isn't synthetic isn't on.
-
hope its quick and easy to fix. I bet your itching to drive it.
-
I might have one Il check tonight.
-
It's only for kids with rear facing seats no? I thought kids with front facing seats will be ok?
-
It was optimax back in the day. Which was 97ron.
-
I'd be up for this. So my car is a JDM. I need to get a dyno print out more for my afr then I send it to you. You send me a Map and that's it? All this for £375? Is this as good as what you could do it in your shop? Is this still an uprev or is this different?
-
The cats and Berks have an extra hanger/bracket which takes some of the strain.
-
Congrats mate all the best
-
snapped spring maybe? I'd check your suspension over to see if its in good nick. Check shocks and spings and pry bar everything. make sure your tyres are at the right psi. Get alignment if you need it. whilst you are doing them things you will notice if they was the cause or what the cause is
-
Group III base stocks is what uses and it isnt as good £ for £ as alot of other oils. You can use it will do no harm but for the price you could get something much much better.
-
Anything to back that up? you as a porsche driver should know what they have done to it. Something to do with lower quality or semi synth base oils. Alot of people that used the newer one sent it away for analysis and the results was it doesn't lubricate as good and some of the detergents have been taken out.
-
it will be noticable but there was a video on here Im sure it was a 276 vs a 350ish brake super charged (Ian maybe?) and tbh it wasnt *that* much faster.
-
and if he is happy with it?
-
Would the same thing not happen from the Decats though ? yup or without sometimes too. Only way around it is to buy the stillen.