Jump to content

Husky

Members
  • Posts

    14,070
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Husky

  1. Husky

    Celica GT4

    Hi Sorry, PM inbox is probably thousands over being full. I swapped in my 350z for a GT4 a few years back. Love the GT4. I did indeed take the spoiler risers out to lower the wing, it's just personal preference. The bonus is that the WRC risers sell really easily, think I got around £40 for mine on ebay and they needed a respray. The best thing I ever did with this car was take it to Martin at MK Auto Repairs And Tuning https://www.facebook...4641634?fref=ts I'm real damned picky with garages after being burned a few times in the past with so called "amazing" recommended garages doing shoddy jobs. Now I drive from Coventry to Blackburn to get the car worked on, it's worth it. Let him know I sent you Speaking from experience I'd take everything previous owners say as a guide to the car, not fact. Get everything they have told you confirmed first and then work from there. My car was running 300bhp when I got it, but only because of some Maplin style ECU mods that ended up killing my injectors and MAP sensor. I detuned mine right back after that was discovered and then I rebuilt from stock levels. Originally I bought mine with forged internals, and some random bits modded here and there. Since then, due to the shoddy work of previous owners garages, I've replaced most of the engine. I'm not too concerned about it as now I know it has been meticulously put together by Martin. I basically have a factory fresh engine. I bought some fresh forged pistons too as the bore in my engine was stupidly large for stock sized forged pistons it had, I stepped up to the next size piston and we bored the block to match perfectly. Turbo wise, it depends on what you want out of her. Personally I decided on 350BHP as you can get a refurb of your stock turbo with hybrid internals. The hybrid actually gives you a better spool time and wider power band than the stock as it's ~15 years newer. If you go bigger than 350BHP it starts to get on the laggy side. There are plenty of guys running bigger turbos pushing out 400~450 no problem, but it delivers it in such a different way. You completely miss out on low down power, and when you do get power it is all in one lump and over very quickly leaving you changing gear rather often. Again, all personal preference though. I happily pay the gt4oc.net membership as the guys on there really know their stuff. They also have their own version of Ebay which you can view without membership.
  2. I did this on mine shortly before I sold it. It looked good. Warning: If you short the dome lights you will fry a track on the BCM, it is however repairable if you take the BCM apart and re-solder the burned track.
  3. it is indeed a bulb not an LED, it has a silicon cap over the top of it.
  4. And Duck tape
  5. It's because the exhaust is cheap, badly made crap. It has been known not to fit for what? 5 years? The manufacturer have been made aware numerous times but they don't care because people buy them anyway. The company in china that spit them out must love it. Nothing changes as no one does the research before they buy. The money spent to fix a Japspeed could have been spent on a nice custom exhaust, etc etc. Sorry I'm sure someone will come along with a more helpful post than mine involving a big hammer soon.
  6. Ok, going to go through the garage boxes today to look for it. Wish me luck haha! I'll see how many I have and then post up. Sorry about my PM inbox, I don't think there is any way of saving it tbh I'll get Biscuit to PM you my email
  7. Having split lights many times I'd recommend a combination of oven and gun for splitting and sealing. Pre heat it with the oven then split it using the heat gun to keep the heat where you need it. When re sealing, use the heat gun to keep the glue easier to work with but then stick it in the oven to get a proper flow in all the cracks when together. If I did it again, I know I would; be doing it on a spare set if possible so I'm not rushed Do it in the most dust free environment possible never wipe or touch the inside of the clear plastic headlight cover (don't touch the UV coating!!) use the oven to do a final reseal use remelt-able glue to fill in gaps when resealing them
  8. Most of us can keep a car past 3 months without getting an itchy wallet Ricey
×
×
  • Create New...