Jump to content

D4XNY

Members
  • Posts

    586
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by D4XNY

  1. Sold my 350z now, so have an old plenum and collector for sale sat in my garage, listed on ebay for 99p Just thought I would make you people aware if you wanted to practise your polishing skills before trying out on your own plenums. Collection from St Albans Herts. Cheers, Dan http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181223010083?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  2. Hello Guys, long time no see, just saw this video and thought I had to post to try and spread the word what are car enthusiasts are not about! Was posted fresh today the broadcaster also wshares the same facebook name which is where I first viewed the clip, no, not a friend of mine! Feel free to share on as many forums as possible, hopefully will find its way to the right authorities... Give the car scene a really bad name I cant post the vid for some reason?? www.youtube.com Honda Integra DC5 vs Seat Cupra R with Stage 1 Map
  3. D4XNY

    200mph

    Ypu have to watch the whole film just for comedy value, the best bit is when they test drive the "mx-5" which in fact is an rx 7, and turns into a nissan 200sx while its driving around! But my favourite bit is where the girl mechanic, comes yup with some wicked designs on the new car, so funny, you have to see them, i wont ruin it for you!!
  4. D4XNY

    leather dye

    Well i was bold and resprayed my seats red, colour change all together However you can get black spray which will do the same job try www.furnitureclinic.co.uk Dan
  5. Yep all masked off, and painted, gettuing the bits i couldnt reach with a fine paint brush, touched it all up, and gloss and sealed, still lasting well now.....
  6. Welll that car has obviously put a lot of smiles on faces to get up to that figure! Fair Play!! Nice to see a car being enjoyed!!
  7. D4XNY

    New wheels

    They look friggin awesome!
  8. Looks tasty to me, Id have one!
  9. Blimey, this thread got a lashing today lol But thanks for the comments guys....all appreciated Am currently, replacing the ice at the mo! Watch this space And as for sideskirts, i have something up my sleeve....... (I'll need long sleeves!)
  10. Yep, super glue is your friend, mine still on strong! Left it over night to give it proper time to set, and its great....
  11. All sorted In the end i had tapped onto the wrong wire at the back..... I tapped into the pale green one in the centre of the car, rather than locating the pale green one, that comes out of the reverse light wiring loom on the passenger side... exactly the same colour wire, just about a foot apart. then my screen was makking funny colours, so changeed the connection from ground to positive in the head unit settings, and bam, it worked! So please note, these things when fitting..... other than that, its a piece of p**s!!! And I have a JVC kh-70000 double din unit.
  12. Cheers Mark, Yeah I may have to pull it out to double check, but basically i went into settings, rear cam was on and it said something like positive/ground, i done both, still no result, and there is 2 yellows, one for cam in, and one for video in.... I connected to cam in, but can try the video in too....
  13. Ok seems i am having the same problem as SpursmadDave! Ran 2 wires through the car (video and purple reverse signal) into the head unit, and connecting the reverse signal to the pale green and silver reverse lamp. I connected the cam up fine, ran the leads into the car, and connected the video. And then connected the positive to the pale green and silver, and the negative to the main ground point as illustrated. Turned car on, and selected reverse, and bam, nothing! Doh, so now im at a loss what to do.......
  14. Greetings, was good to meet you Buster, me and Amyzed, came looking for you later on, but I think you were off wandering around, was a great weekend, and good to see a few zeds there.... And the zeds I saw there looked great, especially love your work buster, a fine zed, and also loved the yellow one there too! Hopefully bump into you guys soon! Dan
  15. Well I just ordered a set too! ha ha
  16. Cheers fellas, the trickiest bit, is wedging yourself under the steering column, not easy for us big fellas, nimble hands help as well! Had my clutch adjusted for about a month or so now, no complaints at all, i lowered it even more for personal taste, its prob about 20mm behind the brake pedal now, but no, it dosent ride the clutch, the biting point is just nice and low how i like it!
  17. You can any colour you want too, yellow, blue, green, yellow, tan, brown, cream, pink if you fancy?!!? lol
  18. Mine was tatty anyway, it needed painting, I can always buy the paint to recolour it!
  19. Ok some more info for you all, I got a medium sized kit, which is more than enough, I still have half the paint left still, and its cost £60 with delivery It took a total of one day, I removed the 4 bolts from each seat, unclip the electric plugs (2 on passenger, 3 on driver) And they come out easy enough, I then prepped the chairs (1 hour) masked them up (1 hour) and sprayed....taking my time, drying with a heat gun on low heat before applying additional coats, i then glossed and sealed. removed masking tape, and touched up any areas (especially around edges) with a paint brush, any excess paint was removed with white spirit and a cotton bud or cloth. It really was that easy It comes with everything you need in the videos, the spray gun, the spray propellants, alcohol cleaner, gloss, gloss sealant, scouring pad and cotton wool, Im really pleased with them.
  20. Ok here are the before And here are the afters.... (iphone pics for now) They arnt as red as in the pics, more of a burgandy red, will take some proper pics when its not raining!
  21. Cheers del, I'll put pics up soon!
×
×
  • Create New...