Jump to content

BulletMagnet

Members
  • Posts

    10,335
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BulletMagnet

  1. Plus the fact that this is a "free" forum without membership fees.
  2. Why not ask RT-Performance if they are interested in buying it off you, they could then reproduce this item and sell new ones. Just a thought...
  3. If it's to loosen the bolts that hold the caliper, then you can do what I do. raise car, drop onto axle stands, chock wheels, preferrably have the bolts presoaked in WD40 before, get single hex spanner onto bolt head and then whack the other end of spanner with a rubber mallet whilst keeping the spanner in place with the other free hand.
  4. Welcome Tim, madmarky is round your way I think.
  5. try to avoid sextons direct, because they sent me the wrong one. Better off phoning the manufacturer direct, ICT. InCarTec Unit 2, Leigham Units Silverton Road Matford Exeter Devon EX2 8HY Tel: +44 (0) 1392 829435 Fax: +44 (0) 1392 829439 Email: info@incartec.co.uk Below see the other facia available fitted to my Pioneer (Part no.50-256), yes there is a slight gap at the bottom, but that was remedied buy modding the facia surround that came with the Pioneer.
  6. Isn't Eneos like the biggest chain of petrol stations in Japan? Like in films like Initial D or any other JDM car movie, they seem to be filling up there.
  7. I think you got it covered tbh. Only other ones I use are Meguiar's #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish Meguiar's #80 Speed Glaze
  8. @ Karolina Congrats on the purchase, had to laugh when you said "Searched hard for a whole two hours" @ andlid You some sort of car stalker or something?
  9. really? its a 7" pad it needs an inch space all round? so does that mean i need to find an 8" pad for a 6" backing plate? on i4 detailing they say a 6" backing plate is good for pads from 6"-8" All depends on the pad really. The megs have a lip on them and the disc can cut into them if it is too big as I found out. I did some searching about this and found someone else with the same problem and the recommended suggestion was to use a smaller disc. I gave it a go and that solved my problems. There's no way I will attempt a 6" disc with a 7" megs soft buff pad again. Too expensive. Why do you want to use the black hole glaze? That's for filling swirl/scratches. Isn't the idea of use a machine polisher to remove the swirl marks in the first place? Seems a bit of a waste. Jim @ scubapics Errrr, I have a Kestrel with 6" plate and am using the Megs 7" pads with no problem whatsoever, even had the polisher up to speed 5 and no sign of the pad shredding breaking or otherwise. The backing plate sits perfectly in the 6" recess the megs pads have. Perhaps you are applying too much pressure? @ rtbiscuit Be careful with the Megs Ultimate Compound, I've used it before and it can be abrasive. Pick an unseen part of the body work first and rub some by hand rather than with the machine first. Only vehicle I have used the Ultimate Compound on is an Audi (read german hard paint, unlike jap cars)
  10. Pads will usually be one inch bigger than the backing plate. 7" pads for 6" backing plate, 6" pad for 5" backing plate, etc. etc.
  11. aftermarket wiring looms should be available for all major manufacturers to work with the existing OEM Bose gear. I'm running a Pioneer with existing Bose gear, no issues at all.
  12. In regards to the Bluetooth ready units, can't you scour the eBay for 2nd hand units? Surely that would be cheaper (I mean the Bluetooth modules, not the headunits btw, lol)
  13. Yes indeed, OEM Bluetooth won't work with out OEM headunit
  14. Ooops, just noticed it's a manual... Sorry
  15. I've seen an import with 27K miles over on Celica Owners Club UK forum. He's asking £6995... http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/inde ... -for-gen-7 Hope this helps
  16. Consider whether they are genuine parts and also consider that they drive on the other side of the road (think of where the beams are aimed at...)
  17. You need to get him on his own and f@*k his @*!# up proper. Being among his peers is what he basks in, without them, he'll be shaking like a lil chiuahua
  18. Oh, good call on the SmartWater option
  19. Get a cat deterrent with motion sensors that sprays water, and use urine instead of water. I like the motion sensor surround light idea too, perhaps also wire it to an mp3 player tannoy thing that plays "Get off my property!!!" followed by the sound of a shotgun being cocked
  20. Had the vibration thing, but only with the K1. The heat thing sounds like what my mate had when he had his K2, turned out to be a loose y-pipe heatshield that ha corroded thru the rivets, exhaust change must have disturbed it, hence creating the rattle. Once the flimsy heatshield were removed, all was well again. hope this helps
  21. YouTube link refreshed
  22. Looking at the centre badge on the BMW, those might actually be Rota Torques
  23. Perhaps the wording on the one is wrong, so wrong...... Indeed... Does he mean a sandwich prepared by Carla? Does he mean a sandwich with Carla meat inside? Does he even mean food at all?
  24. Put a subtle vent in like on the front wing of this VW
  25. Dude, I think she's already got a BF, lol
×
×
  • Create New...