Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. HMRC can be a pig. My Dad got hauled over the coals for his expenses. They made him pay back money for unreceipted taxis he took while visiting his base in Dubai. I don't know whether he took the taxis or not but I know he can't walk to the free zone from the marina!
  2. Buy coilovers that can be adjusted further than the Eibachs lower.....
  3. I'd do the flywheel too. If you're paying to do one then you might aswell do the other. I'm also the type that nearly always upgrades consumables parts too when they go. If you pay then you might aswell make a change!
  4. So if you got the 45p a mile that is required then why are you celebrating? I'm confused!
  5. Stew

    Reg change over

    Shouldn't take more than 5 working days if you go into the office. Do it by post and it can take ages.
  6. I have quite a few friends with horses that'd oblige! I'm sure I could organise a procession of tractors with slurry spreaders on. That'd be better!
  7. The law doesn't apply to cyclists obviously! The problem is on country lanes with limited space for overtaking even two abreast is too much.
  8. Happy Birthday Liam!
  9. I HATE when the local cycling clubs ride 3 or 4 abreast and block the road. I've seen them 6 abreast on a 1/2 mile straight blocking both lanes with me behind. I never want to appear aggressive and wait behind patiently however I am shouting and going nuts in the car. I'm not a road ragey person at all but that REALLY bugs me. I'd love to beep my horn and tell them all to go and copulate with themselves however I feel I need to rise above it all!
  10. Jayne takes great pleasure in relaying a story of a recent encounter with a cyclist. He was sneaking up the inside after going in and out of cars. Went through a red light. When the lights went green another car in the queue put on his blue lights and proceeded to pull over the cyclist. Not sure what happened to said cyclist but I hope they got a good telling off. Not like they could give them a TS10 with 3 points and a £60 fine.
  11. It's a shed, it's removable so might aswell do something silly with it!
  12. Fast growing Oscar the kitten using my 'Ban' button while moderating the Forum.
  13. Should be a rule in the detailing section!
  14. If you need Sparky help Ross give me a shout, My old man is a sparky to trade and he often has lots of supplies lying about. He also has a lot of buying power at the wholesalers so can get stuff (even showers etc) at reasonable money.
  15. It's winter. The prices are dropping but Winter never helps.
  16. Start at 35 psi then adjust up and down until you find something you're happy with.
  17. M350ZB Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  18. I don't know my missus does a canny job on me You've clearly not been for a night out in Newcastle. Next time you are up here give me a shout and I'll change your mind Bradders Btw Geordie not Jordie mate lol always up for a conversion, its the same with scottish accents, nothing against the lasses, it just doesn;t float my boat, which i suppose leaves more choice for those who do There are as many Scottish accents as English accents. Any in particular or do all is Scots get tarred with the same brush?
  19. I don't know my missus does a canny job on me You've clearly not been for a night out in Newcastle. Next time you are up here give me a shout and I'll change your mind Bradders Btw Geordie not Jordie mate lol always up for a conversion, its the same with scottish accents, nothing against the lasses, it just doesn;t float my boat, which i suppose leaves more choice for those who do There are as many Scottish accents as English accents. Any in particular or do all is Scots get tarred with the same brush?
  20. You can do my sisters afterwards Ross! My mate erects a lot of 'sheds' in the farming sense of the word so if you are looking for material we can pilfer his yard for a casher I'm sure!
  21. Coming from the man with an XK!!!! Pot, kettle, black springs to mind! mine is quiet nimble thanks to its adaptive cats suspension; and it weighs about the same as a zed. from what i remember yank tanks don't know what a corner is. and were still uisng backwards tech like leaf springs etc. and i'm yet to see a decent US interior for a car that costs 35k and under. they user cheaper plastics than you find in a binbag manufactuers workshop. My Dad had CATS suspension on his XJ he bought new in 1998. Nearly as old tech as leaf springs! Yank cars have upped their game a LOT to compete with European cars so it's not all like you see in 70s movies anymore. Oh and to compare apples with apples..... A new XK is double the price. It's like comparing an XK to a 458.....
  22. Coming from the man with an XK!!!! Pot, kettle, black springs to mind!
  23. I wondered the same Rich!
  24. WTF is that??????
×
×
  • Create New...