Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. Knockhill at the weekend then to meet your fellow club members!
  2. Stew

    bmw headunit

    a stereo installer would prob charge 50 quid or something. You just need to make sure you have the correct bits then it's a case of clipping thiings together.
  3. I believe it might be more apparent on FI cars. I've never had an issue with mine.
  4. Nice post.
  5. Stew

    Kick Plate LED's

    Hope it's fused if it's off the dome light!
  6. That's eco motoring fun! I think this is the future for saving the planet. Light cars with small engines that have a DTE permanently displayed.
  7. I have had one on for 3 years anyway.... It negates the need for a spacer however there have been issues with them cracking in the states.
  8. When the tank is low I play the game with the DTE. See if you can get where you're going with more miles on the DTE than when you left. Maybe just me though!
  9. This news is hugely sad. Ian has contributed a lot since joining this club so to lose him like like this is hugely upsetting. I'd like to pass on my condolences to those he has left behind. My thoughts are also with the family and friends of the passenger too. Take care out there folks. The roads are a very dangerous place.
  10. I'm sure Sarnie had 60 miles out of ---- I put in 20 quid the other day (wanted to pay cash until I find out how much I spent on hols... after getting in the car on --- and doing 20 odd miles and quite a bit of city traffic. My £20 never even touched the quarter!
  11. I'd personally say get a box and some wrapping paper and you'd get it sold very easily. Saying that, you'd think one of the Scottish Zeds would get this on!
  12. I agree on getting rid of the carbon bonnet. Not a fan. The rest looks good though!
  13. Glad to see my tax pounds at work! You run about making sure kids don't get preggers and drain the state forever (worthwhile) and he runs about in his police car handing out tickets wrongly and then not filing them (not worthwhile!)
  14. Happy Birthday Andy and congrats for hitting the big 3-0! You'll have to tell me if it hurts!
  15. Well if it makes sense to you Mr Nurrish then that's all that matters. I've driven the smart for two and the roadster in Brabus guise and coupe in standard form. Never the ForFour though. I went right through a redlight trying to get the perfect gearchange in the roadster The other smarts are actually cracking, if the forfour is as good then you'll still have fun.
  16. Loads of people where I live use them. I'm in the 'burbs though which is very different. I think they're brilliant personally for use around where I stay. Wouldn't dream of using them in the city or countryside roads though.
  17. You are correct. So I believe he's either gone through the whole exercise to: A) 'put the sh*ts up me' in which case he's wasted police time. Realised he's wrong so not processed the ticket in which case he's wasted police time. C) Has processed the ticket wrongly in which case he's wasted police time. Anyway I believe this is a victory to me and will gloat on this for quite a while.
  18. I think the mesh bit is a letterbox for Pizzas! Put it on the bockbox to keep it warm on the way home!
  19. Howdy Guy - long time no speak! I think any year will fit the same but the paint might not be the same. Is it Ebisu or Kuro you need?
  20. The more I look at the pics the more I like it.... My sister has a cashcow and I think it's alright and isn't bad looking but the juke makes it look prehistoric!
  21. Ok, just an update for those interested. Went to Grampian Police Headquarters today to get the regulations to ensure I confirm to the law when I get the new plates ordered. Surprise, surprise it's the same as the ones myself and others on here have posted up. So I was all chuffed that the idiot bobbie was wrong - Moral victory! At this point I skipped merrily round to Aberdeen Sheriff Court to pay my fine (decided it was far easier to pay £30 and get the t**ser off my back.) I handed over my ticket and they tried to process it. 'Sorry sir, it's not in the system' Well is there anything else I can do? Nope. Superb! I got them to take a copy of the ticket and write down that I attempted to make the payment today. Anyway, called Grampians Finest just now and spoke to someone who checked the computer. She said no crime had been listed against me but another officer wanted a statement about an accident in my works car park.... Anyway, the fixed penalty people will call me tomorrow to tell me what the situation is, I don't want to be chased for non payment of a fine. I've been away but had no messages on mobile or home phones or emails from the copper in question to say anything about it. Also, his 'evidence' that I requested a copy of has never materialised. So a wasted trip into town with parking..... Oh well, just something else to add to my letter of complaint about this orifice that'll be sent to his commanding officer. At the moment I'm very happy that justice has been done (or not as the case is!) and I have to look forward to two calls from officers tomorrow!
  22. It looks odd but strangely appealing....
  23. That could be the colour of the orange bits on my current bike Irfan. Either that or it's the colour of my old bike! Take your pic! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35763 The 'burnt orange' on the Z1000 is lovely. Very classy pearlescent. The orange on the ZX6 is a semi-inducing mega flaked metallic. Both are AWESOME!
  24. That's a cool pic! I see you haven;t changed a bit Dave!
  25. Coloured Laquer for a one off finish is nice Craig. Red works VERY well on black and would compliment your calipers etc nicely. Looks classy and is one off.
×
×
  • Create New...