Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. I agree on both counts as a cyclist with a 1046cc engine attached.
  2. With the right eye shadow it'd look great.
  3. Ah, sorry, I see what you mean. Yeah, I'd say most don't have insurance. Even less than with a car unfortunately. At least with a car you can take the VRM. A cop can, in a roundabout fashion, arrest someone for not providing their details, but if there are no cop's around it's a pretty poor situation to be in. Just as I thought. Thanks for that info. Just means that if a cyclist were to hit my car and not play ball I would feel less guilty about hitting them with their bike as if it didn't hit my car it didn't hit them...... I still think that ALL road users should have insurance.
  4. I know it's available but I just didn't believe that 'all cyclists have insurance' So they are liable, but if they don't stop or refuse to give details or give false details what can you do?
  5. Running someone over is not mentioned in Coldels post. Maybe (like me) Coldel would be upset if someone banged on his window...... Anyway, I'm not putting words into someones mouth here. One question though Gangzoom as I'm interested. Do you have some kind of insurance for using your bike on the road? If so, how does it work? If not and you hit a car through a fault of your riding, how would you deal with it? Someone told me that 'all cyclists have insurance' but I didn't believe them!
  6. <--------------- Hell yeah! I love my Datsuns!
  7. I answered this question for a member just this morning!
  8. That's a total disgrace. 3 points on your license each time, 4 red lights and you're banned. Oh wait, hang on a minute........
  9. Cyclists and motorcyclists have a lot in common.
  10. Stew

    Whats this?

    There is even a tool for removing it in the tool kit.
  11. I've no idea but I like him! Chatting up the blonde and making the dudes do burn outs is awesome. Party policing at it's best!
  12. Stew

    Whats this?

    It's to stop you fitting a rear wheel to the front. Simply remove the bolt and Roberts your fathers brother. Done!
  13. This copper is brilliant.
  14. Now that's just greedy! and not a wanna be hyphen in site!
  15. I'm not a londoner and I don't commute in a city. I commute on country roads mainly so I see different dangers. Most 'serious' cyclists on my route have lights, helmets, proper bright reflective clothing etc and I just wait until it's safe to overtake. I do believe cylists can be on a road, I just think they should ride to a certain standard and have to pay insurance. Like all car and motorcycle riders do.
  16. My other half only has two initials.... I have four. Both a pain! I got something that looked a bit like my name and I bought her one that looked a bit like her name too!
  17. I'm not sure about you but I love the two creases on the bonnet.
  18. Yes. Old Dorris that drives to the shops once a week to get her food shopping done then comes back and puts her car in the garage until next tuesday at 9.30 needs insurance. Bikes can inflict damage on a car by being at fault and riding badly so the rider should have to have the cover to pay for it. Insurance is a legal requirement for road users as is being able to pass a theory test and practical test. If you don't drive to a standard deemed high enough by law then the privilege is taken away from you. Not so on a bike. Any muppet can jump on a bike and inflict damage to other peoples vehicles with no liability whatsoever. The examples given in this thread show that some (not all) starndards of bicycle riding is well below par, we're not talking forgetting to signal off a round about here but proper get yourself killed things.
  19. Ace. I'm going out on my bike tonight and getting knocked off by people. I'll be a millionaire by next year... Digsy, where are you mate? I need your services!
  20. Maybe something to do with Chrome? Maybe there is some issue with the forum or php and chrome? I never use chrome (FF4) and haven't had this issue....
  21. I agree with you Coldel. I also think as a road user they should have compulsory insurance (3rd party minimum) I have had this argument many times.... This morning (very grey and horrible day here) I passed a cyclist on the dual carriageway with a 70mph limit. He had on dark clothes, no lights and no reflectors..... He was a statistic waiting to happen.
  22. You do realise you have a Nissan don't you?????? I actually like estelles!
  23. I could wear my Aligator / Crocodile costume..... I'm a total pie eater so it's the only way you'd ever get me to pose!
  24. Too right. Need to keep you 'south of the border' types OUT!
  25. Cheers G. I'll get myself sorted then see what the plans are.
×
×
  • Create New...