Jump to content

Stew

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    23,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stew

  1. Yes they are. French Member Pooky74 (IIRC) has them on her Zed. Looks good
  2. The first car was a daewoo!!!!!!
  3. An SLR is bigger and offers all manual adjustments. A bridge is better than a compact but is usually simpler than a DSLR. An 'intermediate' I suppose. I was all set to buy a Canon 550D but I realised I wouldn't have time to learn all about it..... Opted for the NEX-5N as it offered some cool features in the camera (usually need to do photoshop to get the effects) and all the benefits of the DSLR that I was looking for personally. Oh and as a DSLR owning mate said to me when he saw my camera - 'it's ace, does everything and you don't look like a total d*ck with a huge camera' Best get her down to jessops to have a play lots of different ones and see what she likes.
  4. Was it the Aberdeen based dealer? If it was then they are no longer a Nissan Dealer.
  5. If the rolling radius is the same it'll work just fine. I have a feeling some Nismo edition had staggered diameter......
  6. NS are not the only ones. Others have been added over time but thankfully haven't come up since the blocks were put in place.
  7. I went for the 5N as I wanted a good quality image, fast shutter speed and decent zoom however I didn't want the size of a DSLR....I also wasn't sure how I'd get on with all the settings at fisrt.
  8. I thought DriftWorks sold them?
  9. Stew

    My New Purchase

    Very nice buddie!
  10. I'm loving my new Sony NEX-5N. It might not be fancy enough for her though.
  11. The instructor is probably following a lesson plan..... I would be tempted to change if need be. Practice..... Get her to drive to the supermarket in the evening. Maybe use one a bit further away. Just think about the routes, if they are tricky then avoid them. Get up to Altens or round the industrial bits of Dyce at the weekend or evenings, quiet and decent enough roads. Seat time is what she needs rather than instruction.
  12. I enjoyed my shot of the van! It would take a few minutes to get used to it though! Liking the new tyres!
  13. Fairly new section. Moved now for you!
  14. Probably the seal round the rim. I had the issues when my 20s went on. Low with big wide rims, I like it already. A lot of my friends are farmers so I'm used to seeing the 'agricultural' approach to mechanics. Also, I've worked in many crapholes and I've often had to Engineer a solution using less than UK standard methods!
  15. Shame ebay aren't permanantly releasing the add in. I quite like it!
  16. You just do member list and descending order of post count. Done! Top 8500 or so members then....
  17. Fill in the application form then Sarnie!
  18. Stew

    Sold my 370

    Nice.viewtopic.php?f=70&t=55967# My Mates mum has a V8 manual as her 'Good car' (has an Evoque for everyday now) and hers is often seen with the dogs bed in the passenger seat as the dog just goes with her! Hers is a V8 manual too, had a shot one day, was very nice. Quite a popular car up here and fairly discreet really, lets in use daily - including winter. You get noticed when you boot it though.
  19. I was told Meister Rs were brilliant by the SVA team running the 350 in the EDC. Thats the thing with 'tried and tested' - someone has to be the first to try and test.
  20. Not at all. A good experience to share.
  21. Chris. I think a lot of things..... Ok, There are a few things to look out for which can be found in the FAQs and tech sections of the forum. Have a search and all should be revealed. When you thinking of buying? What spec do you fancy? Any colour in particular in mind?
  22. Technically you could run a Zed with no rear spring at all!
  23. Or heat it up while clamped in spring compressors! DIY Chav mods at their finest!
  24. That's the most extreme way to get a 'kiss better' I've ever heard!
  25. I haven't seen the programme but know of 5 or 6 orders in Aberdeen alone... Some of which have been fulfilled. One I know of was specced with optional extra winter wheels so it could be a daily driver to replace a GTR. They'll easy sell the allocation worldwide!
×
×
  • Create New...