-
Posts
23,044 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Stew
-
Whats the insurance excess on the Zed? Would you punt the shed after or keep running it? What would the insurance be on the shed? How bad a winter do you get where you are?
-
Motorbike will be out this week! One of my mates is home just now so an afternoon beer garden pint may well take place! Nothing out of the ordinary but it's nice to make the most of it! I also went round and took my dads summer toy roof off again after it had been tucked up for winter. That was a pleasant surprise!
-
I agree with you. I couldn't be bothered with filling up more frequently. Also, improving MPG isn't that difficult when you are on a rubbish road. No point wasting fuel on a rubbish road!
-
The same! Oh and petrol will weigh a bit less than 1kg per litre. Water weighs a kg a litre and the specific gravity of petrol is less than water.
-
The rav4 is a good little 4x4. Space in the back is ample and the boot is decent. Great family car. In my honest opinion it doesn't need mods. Leave the bling wheels on jeeps to rappers!
-
Hi there. I'm quite new. I'm going to go ahead and assume here.. Because if this is a legit post. What are you doing on this forum? I can assure you I'm not a troll. I'm on this forum as I've owned a 350Z for over 5 years (since age 23) and I've owned RWD cars since I was 20. I'm here because I love the Zed, I like a lot of the people here and since I'm a mod I have access to the 'company' lap dancing account. I stand by my statement although the bit about reducing the limit was a little tongue in cheek. If the limit is raised the people will still drive at 10mph aove the limit. You have said you drive at 22mph over the limit. You still would, so you'd be travelling at 3 figure speeds. Because the limit is raised doesn't mean people will suddenly start paying attention to the road, they'll still be distracted by their kids, reps will still be distracted by their mobiles and lorries will still be overtaking lorries at 56 mph. People will still do 80mph (or 90) when the road conditions are not suitable to be travelling at those speeds because they think that the speed limit is a minimum or an 'aim' and not a maximum. Now, I live somewhere with no motorway network. I have to drive 90 miles before I get on an 'M' road so maybe I'm not the most educated in their use. I do however use 'proper' roads daily. Ones with corners, straights, tractors, no lighting and sometimes no road markings, overtaking that has to be done into the oncoming traffic lane. You know the type of road, they are known as 'fun' roads in a lot of places. Roads that require savvy to negotiate daily. There is no denying the environmental aspect of it, the government is taxing the crap out of gas guzzlers and keep banging on about carbon footprint etc. I'm sure that we'd all agree that doing 80mph would reduce our mpg over doing 70mph so the government would have to answer some serious questions from the greenies. So thats my non troll answer. Oh and for anyone that thinks I'm some kind of greenie or total slow coach I'll say I own a modded 350Z, a Navara that does 20mpg and a 1046cc sporty motorcycle. I'm not Miss Daisys chauffeur but I'm certainly not Jenson Button. Hopefully that clears up my felings so you know I'm not trolling.
-
I have a feeling the tyre sizes might be wrong but I guess you'd be fitting winter Tyres anyway.
-
Fantastic Adam! Is he a pup or did you adopt him? Golden retrievers are probably my favourite dog, defo top 3! What's his name? Oh and You can add him to the pet thread too!
-
I'd hope you'd see it rise when it started. An alternator generally charges at up to 14.7V so you should see it up above 12V when it starts. If it ain't broke though then no need to fix it!
-
My friends company has a pretty decent how to on it. http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... gines.html Lots of other decent guides there too actually.
-
It wasn't the TSWs that Adam@Z1 posted was it?
-
That's what ur navaras missing stew Nah, it's missing 'truck nutz' and a stetson on the aerial!
-
Neilp yesterday.... As is always the case it's best to speak to people that have it fitted (Wasso) and the people that will be mapping the car etc to get advice. There will be a million threads on my350 about Noooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssss too.
-
He's lucky he made it past 12 hours. Honestly, they are the funny threads, the rest were totally incoherent and scary!
-
Just do what this guy did! viewtopic.php?f=55&t=14069&start=0 Da Whip! Heres the spec list you need to get beeeeeeeg poooooowaaaaaaaa! viewtopic.php?f=141&t=14122
-
And a bad ass spoiler yo!!!!!!
-
Oooooooh a 'turbo' badge (available from halfrauds) is a guaranteed 75 whp!!!!!!! or 1000000 bhp!
-
Flame stickers add 50bhp. Nismo stickers add 20bhp per item. Fitting a vielside wing adds 100bhp You can easily reduce unsprung weight by taking off 3 wheelnuts on each wheel. Adding Krispy Kremes to the fuel tank is the equivilant of a 100bhp of NOS on full throttle.
-
It's a bit late for recommendations and tips isn't it?????
-
Not sure if it's worth upgrading too. It's really not that great. Better to spend cash on some decent equipment instead in my opinion.
-
I should send my mate to you as he's been having trouble with the SR in his S15 for AGES!
-
Common courtesy costs nothing people. Please respect each other and if one party tries to entice you into lowering the tone please be the bigger man (or woman) and rise above it. Fighting on an internet forum is the lamest thing EVER!
-
In all honesty the 80mph will just mean people cruise at 90mph. People who are screaming at their kids in the back of the car, while applying lippy and updating their facebook status on their iphone while driving along......... The only way it will boost economy is because the cars will be burning more fuel so lining the government pockets with the tax on fuel! Lower the limit to 60, save the planet and relax! It's the way forward!